Subject: A little confused about America's ability? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
trevor

Missouri
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So basically, when they get a natural resource token, is it iust a permanent trade token? When they spend it as a trade token, they can just place it back on a card as another trade token? Or do they lose the ability to use it as a resource if it's on a card?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
P C
United States
Unspecified
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bigGameGeek wrote:
So basically, when they get a natural resource token, is it iust a permanent trade token? When they spend it as a trade token, they can just place it back on a card as another trade token? Or do they lose the ability to use it as a resource if it's on a card?

A natural wonder token can be spent once per turn as a resource. America's power seems to be that you place it on a focus card and can spend it EITHER as a trade token to amplify the card ability or as a resource (as usual). However, you can not relocate the token to another card until it is spent and it can only be spent once per turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Rubbo
United States
Philadelphia
PA
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree with the above.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guillaume Laurier
msg tools
I found this ability to be really powerful, especially in a game where I got 2 natural Wonders. We did play that the card was limited to 3 token, and not 3 trade and the natural in extra.

The only downside I can think for this ability is that you telegraph all your move in advance and are thus at a disadvantage if you need to react quickly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve T
Australia
Brisbane
Queensland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
So can you move the natural wonder token to another Focus card after you use it (spend it), ready for your next turn. Or does the token have to stay on the same Focus card for the whole game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tahsin Shamma
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My understanding is that it doesn't leave the card. In effect it's not really spent, more of a discount.

Never mind, just reread it. Moving it after you spend it is correct. Same card or different card.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.