Popular Tags: [View All]
Roy Stephens
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So, is completing quests the only way to gain Agenda cards, and only on quests that specifically award Agenda cards? We just played our typical “trial” game which means, play for a while until we feel like we have it figured out and/or have a few small questions, then stop and get the answers and then play again later “for real” next time.

Also, when discarding items, do they go into a discard pile or get reshuffled into their respective decks? Do the starter Location encounter cards get shuffled back in together if depleted or immediately?

It is almost 11pm here and I am exhausted after a long day, so if I missed a very obvious rule, please be gentle. laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Daneau
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ive posted the same topic but removed it since you did 7 minutes before me. I'm also wondering how to get theses Agenda cards or if it's only from questing.

thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John
United States
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Off of memory:
* No other ways to get Agenda cards for except Objectives (and possibly Enconunters). The rules likely do not specify this because there could be other ways that come up in expansions. As it stands, there is no inherent game rule that gives you Agenda cards, except for Setup; Agenda cards are received through direction on components.
* Discarded items (and enemies) get put in discard piles. Once a deck is out of cards, shuffle the discard pile to form a new deck. This is in the Rules Reference under Component Limitations.
* Encounter cards get put on the bottom of the deck (not discarded). Exceptions would be if you are told to Trash or Add an Encounter card; Add means it gets re-added back to (near the) top of the deck, the same way cards get added to that deck from the Card Library.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Luck
Australia
Adelaide
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As John said , the cards will tell you when you gain an agenda card (thumbs up symbol). They then have a variable amount of influence gained on each .
I play that the Faction track continues past the end point if a single event creates enough Power to do so, as that is the only way for some of the Agenda cards to generate sufficient Influence for you to win .
I also felt that the frequency of agenda cards gained increases the closer you get to the climax of the storyline , thus accelerating the amount of influence gained as the game nears the end.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Graham
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
James Luck wrote:
As John said , the cards will tell you when you gain an agenda card (thumbs up symbol). They then have a variable amount of influence gained on each .
I play that the Faction track continues past the end point if a single event creates enough Power to do so, as that is the only way for some of the Agenda cards to generate sufficient Influence for you to win .
I also felt that the frequency of agenda cards gained increases the closer you get to the climax of the storyline , thus accelerating the amount of influence gained as the game nears the end.

After a play through of the Commonwealth scenario I can confirm the agenda cards ramp up. We were going through quest cards faster at the end too. Some can be tough to complete in the early rounds. I don't remember getting any during encounters. I will pay closer attention at tonight's game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roy Stephens
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
James Luck wrote:

Thanks for all the great and quick responses everyone!!!

That reminds me of another question I had; how do you track gained XP, particularly in cases like the Agenda card I started with which stated that i gained 1 influence for having 3 drug items and another if I was well rested when I did so. Do I have to keep that card secret even if I have met the requirements and/or do I have to be in that state at the end of the game when agenda cards are revealed?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig S.
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
hockeyjedi wrote:
James Luck wrote:

That reminds me of another question I had; how do you track gained XP, particularly in cases like the Agenda card I started with which stated that i gained 1 influence for having 3 drug items and another if I was well rested when I did so. Do I have to keep that card secret even if I have met the requirements and/or do I have to be in that state at the end of the game when agenda cards are revealed?

I assume when you said XP you actually meant influence? The only time the influence an agenda card can give you matters is when you are revealing your cards to claim victory. Before that time, an agenda card in your hand can only affect the game when you reveal it in your area to declare loyalty to the faction whose symbol is shown in the upper left, if any.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roy Stephens
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
csouth154 wrote:
hockeyjedi wrote:
James Luck wrote:

I assume when you said XP you actually meant influence? The only time the influence an agenda card can give you matters is when you are revealing your cards to claim victory. Before that time, an agenda card in your hand can only affect the game when you reveal it in your area to declare loyalty to the faction whose symbol is shown in the upper left, if any.

I did mean Influence, not XP, yes.

So, in other words; let’s say I need 8 Influence to win the game. I have the same card I described above. My game state at that point in the game is that I have gained 4 Agenda cards (which is an automatic 4 Influence points, just for having) and in my inventory I have 3 Drug items and my character is Well Rested. That would mean that, if the game ended right then, I would have 6 influence (4 from having cards and then 2 additional from the bonus Influence for meeting the requirements on the Agenda card I described. So, let’s say I also have currently met the needs of another Agenda card’s 2 bonuses, that would mean that I could reveal and declare a win, correct?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig S.
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
The above sounds right to me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.