IUNU» Forums » Rules

Subject: Resolving Citizen abilities / Rejuvenation Phase rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rodolphe Planchon
France
flag msg tools
Hi all,
There are rules I don't understand very well in IUNU, and I hope some good souls will help me figure out how they work.
We played our first game last night, and we were kind of lost when it came to Rejuvenation Phase, and especially how to interpret : "After resolving any Citizen abilities".
1. You're not limited to the Citizen cards you just played, right ? If I used my Pharaoh's ability to reroll dice during the Dynasty phase, then I have to interact with the forum I guess ?
2. What about Farmers, who do not have activated abilities at all ?
3. What about Artisans, whose ability is not usable during the Dynasty phase ?
4. What if I play a Soldier but am unable to steal any opponents' farmers, because they are protected ? Do we consider I still activated his capacity ?
Thank you for helping me understanding this !
;-)
Duff

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alvin Chen
United States
Bellevue
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmm. I think you are reading too much into the phrase. When you play 1 or 2 copies of a Citizen from your hand, most also trigger their ability (only one time, even if you played two copies). After that, then you start drawing/discarding from the Forum (and possibly the draw deck). The Artisans have their effect during this period, etc.

I think the phrase is just referring to the common case, where most abilities trigger immediately after being played (and never again). You picked out the exceptions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rodolphe Planchon
France
flag msg tools
Ok ok ...
So you discard/draw cards from the forum every turn, no matter what Citizen cards you played before, even if you played or didn't play their abilities ? That's it ? It's that simple ?

Well, thanks !
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
todd sanders
United States
pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree with Alvin's answer
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.