Subject: free for all mode questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
ark yfz
Australia
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mb
If one god die, is his other units removed immediately? Or continue to play? But he got no chance to win?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Smith
United Kingdom
Gillingham
Kent
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Removed I believe, read it in another post here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martyn King
United Kingdom
Ivybridge
Devon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Yes they are removed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ark yfz
Australia
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mb
How about 2v2 mode? If my teamate's god is defeated, all his unit is removed immediately? Which would make me super weak...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D Conklin
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
From another thread:

dc0nklin wrote:

I can not find any reference to this in PDF rules... I searched on "troops", "gods", and "divinity" to no avail.

The "Wounds & destroyed units" section (Pg 21) seems like the place where it would be mentioned and it is not...

Maybe those answering on the forum are remembering an earlier ruling?

Guest wrote:

Quirkworthy said in the KS comment section that when a god is killed and the game is not over that all units that belong to the player whose god was killed are removed from the board.

I went back and found the original question:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/806316071/mythic-battle...

And Quirkworthy's answer:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/806316071/mythic-battle...

Here they are to save you the jump:
Quote:

Spindizzy 6 days ago
Playing a 4 player free-for-all yesterday, we realised that we didn't know whether the death of a god means that all of his/her units leave the board or not (ie is the player out ?). There didn't seem to be anything in the rules or scenario info (although later I found BoW 3 player free-for-all where all of the minis did come off after the death of Hera). Anyone know ?

Quirkworthy Collaborator Superbacker 5 days ago
@Spindizzy - Once a player loses their god they are knocked out and their army routs and is removed. Play continues without them.

Can the Original Poster please change the subject of this thread to reflect the topic is "Units removed when God dies?" so it is easier to find?

Thx
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philipp
Germany
München
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The rules mention:

When a divinity, hero or monster unit’s vitality
reaches 0, the unit is destroyed. A destroyed unit
drops its claimed omphalos. Remove the miniature
representing the unit from the board, and place the
miniature and its dashboard back in the box.

As mentioned by others nothing in the rule book and the scenario book that you have to remove all your units if your divinity dies.

That something so essential is not listed in the rule book (not under rules, under divinity, under destroyed) is very disappointing.

Further it will exclude players from the game and make them bystanders (if they are unlucky with roles or other round up on one player eliminating him early).
I think this will limit the chances to get more than two players to the board.

We will play it with official rules.
If some other units kill a god they have to fear revenge. If units don’t run after an attack, they won’t run from battlefield if their god dies.

Edit: QW only writes about a god. If that is true everyone would only pick the other kind of divinity the titans to not loose their units in case of its death.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D Conklin
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mantler wrote:
T
As mentioned by others nothing in the rule book and the scenario book that you have to remove all your units if your divinity dies.

That something so essential is not listed in the rule book (not under rules, under divinity, under destroyed) is very disappointing.

Further it will exclude players from the game and make them bystanders (if they are unlucky with roles or other round up on one player eliminating him early).
I think this will limit the chances to get more than two players to the board.

Edit: QW only writes about a god. If that is true everyone would only pick the other kind of divinity the titans to not loose their units in case of its death.

I agree...doesn't seem like a good ruling. Perhaps he was making the ruling without thinking it through. Also, he had not yet gotten his copy when he wrote this.

I hope for a more measured/considered ruling in the future...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Loig Roumois
Switzerland
Baden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I guess in the meantime we just have to house rule it:

Scenario 1: Free-for-all
If your divinity dies, you lose the chance to win the game, but you can still make it tough for the others. Winning a free-for-all requires for you to be the last divinity standing.

Scenario 2: team vs team
If your divinity dies you continue playing. Only when the last divinity of one team dies, the team loses.

For me, this sounds about right, no?

[EDIT for typos]
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philipp
Germany
München
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Loig wrote:
I guess in the meantime we just have to house rule it:

Scenario 1: Free-for-all
If your divinity dies, you lose the chance to win the game, but you can still make it tough for the others. Winning a free-for-all requires for you to be the last divinity standing.

Scenario 2: team vs team
If your divinity dies you continue playing. Only when the last divinity of one team dies, the team loses.

For me, this sounds about right, no?

[EDIT for typos]

This is how we are playing it.
From current rules this seems right to me. Nothing mentioned about all your units becoming destroyed together with your divinity getting destroyed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.