Subject: My (3d) printed version rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
darhf
France
Colomiers
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I wanted to thank the authors for providing such a high quality print'n'play version.

I printed the board in a print shop, and 3d printed the tokens, using tabletop simulator files as a source for most pieces.

The end result looks better than I expected !

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Carter
United States
Neptune
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow. Those tokens look awesome! Good job with that!

I guess the meeples can't stand up right, though?

I'm just curious: how much did it cost to 3d print all of that?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
darhf
France
Colomiers
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The meeples can stand up.
I own my 3d printer, so the cost is hard to compute. It was no more than 8€ in materials.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff S
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Links to files? Not that I can print them myself :\

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jozan
Spain
flag msg tools
mb
Awesome! The cat's tokens look truly amazing. The question isn't how much it costed in money but in time!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pillar Monkey
United States
California
flag msg tools
I would also like to have the files for 3d printing, if you can share them. Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
darhf
France
Colomiers
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I did not create anything, most of the work was extruding flat versions of the tokens and meeples.
I also took some pieces on thingiverse (nest/birdhouse for roosts, small castle and tree stump for woodland alliance keeps and hideouts).

i did not plan to distribute them, I need to do some tidying up before sharing.

Anyway, all the designs of meeples & tokens are owned by Leder games so I can't share them without permission.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Larry Haskell
United States
Springfield
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

One thing I really like about your set is that the color of the Improvements match the faction color. I'm part way through playing with my own PnP version and I'm finding that I frequently forget to include improvements when determining control for a clearing. (It's especially problematic as I'm using purple for the Marquis and it those cubes match the

I believe that the final version will have fixed faction colors -- I'm hoping that the improvements will match.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
x y
msg tools
IMHO what this game needs

are miniatures (small ones) in the shape of creatures/characters, in nice pastel colors...
Some additional colors (maybe of fall) to the board with ivy vines decoratives or something like that to complete (and expand) the theme/art.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allan A.Y.
Hong Kong
flag msg tools
mb
Looking at vast getting miniatures treatment is totally be possible, we just gotta wait
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ethan Furman
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not every game needs miniatures. I think this one is actually better without them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jussi-Pekka Jokinen
Finland
Riihimäki
flag msg tools
At me!
badge
For the Marquise!
mbmbmbmbmb
stoneleaf wrote:
Not every game needs miniatures. I think this one is actually better without them.

I agree so much with this! I've said it before, and I'll say it again: when I'm moving a bunch of troops, I'd rather move meeples than minis.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henry Thompson
msg tools
I really like the tokens with symbols! They're like little engraved coins!

4real wrote:
Some additional colors (maybe of fall) to the board with ivy vines decoratives or something like that to complete (and expand) the theme/art.

I dunno, there are fall colors on the board, but they're there to make it more obvious which clearing belongs to which forest nation. (yellow trees are in mouse clearings, orange trees are in rabbit clearings, red trees are in fox clearings)
The board is pretty detailed as it is, and the colors are there to help readability.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.