Hide
4 Posts

Blitz! A World in Conflict» Forums » Rules

Subject: VP question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
dave c
msg tools
Hi Dave, just getting back into this great game and I have a basic question about the victory points. It seems that the VP common to all major sides (ie Control Industrial Might and Join Atomic Club) are a one time award when the event occurs? In other words, if Germany controls the Ukraine, Germany receives 1 VP, but Germany does not continue to receive 1 VP each and every subsequent turn it controls the Ukraine, correct? Then if the USSR retakes the Ukraine, Germany loses its 1 VP it gained? This is in contrast to the major power specific VP conditions where the major power continues to receive VP each and every turn it fulfills the VP condition, correct?

Also, how is your new Blitz game coming along? Any hints on when it might come out, 2018 maybe? Sounds really fun and excited to see how it turns out. Good luck!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave LeLacheur
United States
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
Hi Dave,

Thanks for your kind note. You are 100% correct on the VP rules.

The new game is indeed exciting. Late 2018 is the at-best option (I've had little time to work on it lately, alas.) I was just sneaking in some time to spiffy up the German FTRs this morning though, so progress is being made!

As usual, you or anyone should email me if you are interested in playtesting. We've paused for some updates at the moment but hopefully will resume soon.

Cheers,
Dave L.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Croxton
United States
Charlottesville
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Since you've mentioned the update here, I have one request. I get almost all of the compromises that go into a game of this scale, but one thing bothers, me: the fact that subs make surface units hard to hit. In other words, two German subs go in a sea area with one or more German/Italian surface ships, and suddenly the Allies are subtracting 5 points from their attack. It makes perfect sense that they have a hard time hitting the subs, but I can't see any reason that the subs' defense should help the surface ships. I don't have an easy solution...I just don't think the existing system really works.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave LeLacheur
United States
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
Hi Derek,

This is a tough design point, but thanks for offering your thoughts. I do have an optional rule in mind to include that would address this.

Cheers,
Dave L.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.