Danny Rowe
msg tools
Hopefully this is the right place to put this. I have been working on a redesign of the Game of Thrones Board Game, but Star Wars instead!

Here is the Map.

(I wish I knew how to make it appear bigger on here, but clicking on it will bring you to the image and my gallery featuring other images from this project.)

It is about 95% completed with the next step of printing everything out and mounting them. I am super excited about it! Thoughts??

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Keane
United States
Medford
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmb
Here you go. You write medium after the ID.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danny Rowe
msg tools
Thank you!!

Here is the printed version!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bojan Prakljacic
msg tools
I like it.
And I understand that you probably worked using a GOT map as a reference.

Personally, I would go one step forward, and use planets as 'territories'.
It would be more consistent with the Star Wars theme.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danny Rowe
msg tools
That's what I did. Each area is a separate planet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bojan Prakljacic
msg tools
Yeah, I understand that. But, if you know how the that Star Wars Rebellion board looks like, you would understand what was my mental picture.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Stapley
United States
Lyman
Wyoming
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Danimyo wrote:
That's what I did. Each area is a separate planet.

But they aren't the shape of a planet. They're shape of Westerosi countries.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danny Rowe
msg tools
Right, I am aware of what the board looks like in Rebellion, but a picture of the planet doesn't look as nice as the art of the planet's landscape in my opinion, which is why I made this choice. Plus, I didn't want to change the game itself, but just give it a Star Wars skin. The landscape art can be fitted into the spaces provided. The planets would leave large gaps of space because the planets are circles and the areas are not. If they were all pictures of planets then the troops would all have to be ships. Imagine the units fighting on the land of the planet. See what I mean?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danny Rowe
msg tools
Here is what the Order Tokens and Power Tokens look like

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danny Rowe
msg tools
Rebel Sightshield.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Holz
Scotland
Edinburgh
flag msg tools
mbmb
Danimyo wrote:
Right, I am aware of what the board looks like in Rebellion […] If they were all pictures of planets then the troops would all have to be ships. Imagine the units fighting on the land of the planet. See what I mean?

Rebellion uses ground units just fine. I would really expect the Star Wars galaxy not to resemble the shape of Westeros…

Have you considered mocking up a map which transforms the bordered areas into a point-to-point graph of planets (using the same planet surface art)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danny Rowe
msg tools
The point was to just make "Game of Thrones the board game" exactly, with just a Star Wars skin. Changing up the layout of the map, would in turn change the game. I feel like surface art looks a lot better than just planets imo. For example, Endor is just a green looking planet. But, the art of Endor has the Ewok treehouses, etc. If you take a look at the map, and the Star Wars Galaxy map, I have done my best to make all the placements of the planets make sense. I was actually pleasantly surprised with how well it worked with the Westros map in terms of planet placement.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.