Matt Boehland
United States
Apple Valley
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Does the app give enough replay variety to make buying the game purely for full coop play worth it, or is the campaign not something you’d replay much?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yan Bertrand
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I expect it inside to have a mission tree like "normal" imperial assault has. So I'd probably like to play it twice at least.
It's only 5 mission long right now, though. Plus the tutorial for a 6th mission (probably 11, if my above assumption is correct).
I wouldn't call that worth 90 bucks by my count, but they are supposed to add more stuff, and there's the fan solo app that just came out and is set to let you play the "normal" campaign. (I haven't tried it out, but I read good feedback on it.) So there's good hope it becomes worth it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Sekela
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's probably too early to tell at this point since the app just came out yesterday. (Unless, of course, so particularly gung-ho players have already completed the campaign and started another one!) I too wonder about the replayability of the campaign app.

It also depends on how quickly FFG releases new campaigns (or at least releases new content in the form of using more map tiles and enemies from expansions).

That being said, my guess is the original campaign can be replayed at least once before it gets repetitive.

SWIA has been my #2 game since it was released (second only to Shadows of Brimstone). I played through all of the campaigns myself using the fan-made Automated Emperor rules, which are awesome. So I have gotten plenty of enjoyment out of the game with just myself!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr Suitcase
Canada
Burlington
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Best to ask this question of Descent, since they have the same app, but it has more campaigns and incorporated all the content over time. That will inform your opinion of what the IA app will evolve into over time and whether it is worth it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Petersen
msg tools
You can get base game at Barnes and noble for 40 definitely worth it for that price.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Calcagno
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Misterpetersen wrote:
You can get base game at Barnes and noble for 40 definitely worth it for that price.

Can I live at your house? I got it last week from B&N for $71 and felt lucky (somewhat)...or are you quoting Euros?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim McMahon
United States
West Springfield
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
Lookee what he can do! He wants a job!
mbmbmbmbmb
Antares Rangers wrote:
Misterpetersen wrote:

Can I live at your house? I got it last week from B&N for $71 and felt lucky (somewhat)...or are you quoting Euros?

[US][Barnes and Noble] Imperial Assault ~$43.67 in store (YMMV)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kasper Lauest
Denmark
Helsinge
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mrsuitcase wrote:
Best to ask this question of Descent, since they have the same app, but it has more campaigns and incorporated all the content over time. That will inform your opinion of what the IA app will evolve into over time and whether it is worth it.

This.

Honestly, unless you are a very dedicated solo gamer or a die-hard SW fan, my bet is that it probably isn't "worth it" purely for coop play. There are a ton of other pure coop games on the market that would probably be more obvious picks. I'd like to think of the app as a very nice supplement to regular play. Personally, I plan on using the app for when I'm playing with my kids so that we can play together, and play the regular campaigns with friends.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Forsetius
Denmark
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My two groups almost exclusively play the coop Descent - we do not find the 1v4 interesting and I own most of the Descent stuff. We love the app and have been waiting a year for the SWIA app to have the similar experience.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dillon Flaherty
United States
Severna Park
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm guessing it might be a tough sell right now as "worth it for the app alone", but after a few months and increased mission/campaign options in the app, that opinion could change.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thaddeus MacTaggart
Netherlands
Almere Buiten
Flevoland
flag msg tools
badge
Blood Rage fan - Raven Clan - FOR THE GLORY!
mbmbmbmbmb
c4dillon wrote:
I'm guessing it might be a tough sell right now as "worth it for the app alone", but after a few months and increased mission/campaign options in the app, that opinion could change.

Indeed.

When IA was released you only had one campaign as well. A few more missions. And some side missions.
It's very improbable that the app will stick to just 1 campaign. I wouldn't worry.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek J
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Teowulff wrote:
Indeed.

When IA was released you only had one campaign as well. A few more missions. And some side missions.
It's very improbable that the app will stick to just 1 campaign. I wouldn't worry.

I think if you look at the Descent app it's a cause for concern though. There's been only 2 campaigns released and then they started working on alternative modes like Delve or the recent update. And the app came out more than a year ago.

I think if you still want to maximize the stuff you bought you still should play the campaigns that come from the box using any of the solo variants that exist.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.