4 Posts

Gloomhaven» Forums » Rules

Subject: Triple Arrow class solo item (contains class spoilers) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Lord Trouble
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Warning this thread contains class spoilers!!!

The Triple Arrow class solo item was rightfully changed as it made for a too powerful combo.

However the item went from being fantastic to almost useless (imho).
The item is a use once item for a class that can reuse items and takes a small item slot, as such I would not equip it as I can use my small item slots for items that fit much better.
Spoiler (click to reveal)
Utility Belt - Refresh one item for you or an ally - can't be reused.

The only remaining advantage it is has is that
it can be used for others
but at the cost of taking up one of your small item slots.

Considering you have to be level 5 to get it, its only really useful for a new level 5+ character or as a quick 25 gold.

I wonder how others view this item and/or if I'm missing something.

Also
this class is incredibly strong, I played the solo scenario to get the utility belt and didnt have to rest once, got max xp and max gold (6) easily. Though admittedly it can take a long long time

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Ziemer
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Triple Arrow class solo item (Spoilers inside !!!)
First, I agree the triple spear is great at what it does which is
of course reusing items of all kinds and longevity.

In regards to the solo quest,
I too found this really easy for a solo quest but this was due to practise with his item and card recycling abilities and knowing what to do with him from experience and also one random item pair of boots,
Boots of levitation for permanent flying
which eliminated a huge part of the scenario.

In regards to the solo item
I was not as excited about the utility belt as some other solo items but I put it to good use. The belt doesn't add some exciting new ability but it does enhance the quatermasters main trick. Which is really what most of them do. Recycling his items and specifically his stamina potion. I found it really opened up for me more options of play as I didn't need to bring the action to refresh used items as this allowed me to do it once which was usually enough to still complete most scenarios without ever resting. Combined with the card that refreshes a spent item per turn and 2 stamina potions and you were always ready for anything.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Felix Scholz
Germany
Gütersloh
NRW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
troubular wrote:

Considering you have to be level 5 to get it, its only really useful for a new level 5+ character or as a quick 25 gold.

Did I miss a special rule for these solo scenario items?

I assumed they would be handeled the same as any other item from treasure chests for example, meaning you need a level 5+ Quartermaster to unlock it, but if you then sell it, it could be used by a Level 1 Quartermaster or even any other class. Am I wrong here?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Ziemer
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Snooches wrote:
troubular wrote:

Did I miss a special rule for these solo scenario items?

I assumed they would be handeled the same as any other item from treasure chests for example, meaning you need a level 5+ Quartermaster to unlock it, but if you then sell it, it could be used by a Level 1 Quartermaster or even any other class. Am I wrong here?

You are correct. It goes into the shop when you sell it and could be purchased by a lower level character. I could be wrong but I also think you could buy the item for another character of a different class even. Many solo items have a class specific function so would be pointless on a different class but not all and the rules only say "an item that is particularly beneficial for the class used in the scenario."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.