Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Cpt. America
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
mbmb
i just got the game and it came with the luke and darth stuff. i noticed there is no character card (large) for luke! can i not use luke as a character in the game? or do i have to use the small card? same question for the expansion packs..i want to get han solo and chewbaca but i saw in an unboxing video that they do not come with the large character cards. can someone please enlighten me. thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Florian Bunzel
Germany
Düsseldorf
North-Rhine-Westphalia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The charaters from the movies (e.g. vader, Luke, Solo, Chewie etc pp) are only available for the skirmish mode, or if the players unlock them in special side missions in the campaign.

You can only use the large Heroes for the campaign mode, the other characters are more as an ally than a hero.

Same for the dark side. The imperial player has to unlock Vader and other Villains before using them in the campaign mode.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
samruiz123 wrote:
i just got the game and it came with the luke and darth stuff. i noticed there is no character card (large) for luke! can i not use luke as a character in the game? or do i have to use the small card? same question for the expansion packs..i want to get han solo and chewbaca but i saw in an unboxing video that they do not come with the large character cards. can someone please enlighten me. thanks!

You do not play as the main characters in the game. You play with "generic" types of characters throughout. The traditional characters come in as "cameos" that will be an Ally during certain missions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
G Voss
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmb

This is what you should have. You can play with him, but not as a hero. Same for Han, Chewie and the other iconic characters. Rebels can befriend him in one of the side missions though, if they come to his aid in a moment of peril. From that moment on, Luke will come to their aid if they ask him.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cpt. America
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
mbmb
thanks for the quick responses guys. i am disappointed. i should have researched more. but i still would have bought the game, specially since we got the new app!! oh well.....but i guess i can house rule it and use them as main..lol! i just don't see playing starwars without its main characters. anyways. thanks again!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
samruiz123 wrote:
thanks for the quick responses guys. i am disappointed. i should have researched more. but i still would have bought the game, specially since we got the new app!! oh well.....but i guess i can house rule it and use them as main..lol! i just don't see playing starwars without its main characters. anyways. thanks again!

Don't let it bother you, the game is awesome. You are creating your own stories in the Star Wars universe doing things in parallel with the celebrities of the Rebellion. You'll grow to love your characters throughout the campaign (almost) as much as the ones on film.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
G Voss
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmb
Almost

Brian has a good point though. I still remember each character I played and the campaigns I played them in, especially if I put some effort into role-playing them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You can't really house rule them in either, as they lack Hero Class cards.

I suppose you could pretend some of the main heroes are characters though. Jyn could work as Han, Diala as Luke, Gaarkhan as Chewie and Gideon as Leia, I guess.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I wouldn't mind seeing an expansion in the future that lets you play the main characters though. That could be interesting.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joao Rodrigues
Brazil
Guarulhos
Sao Paulo
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I really enjoy the fact that we are not playing as the "main characters" from the movies. The way I see it, and the way the campaigns are written, we are a different group of rebels playing while the "main characters" are doing their things on the movies.

I think it is really awesome that we get to talk to them and have some missinos with them, and specially like someone said, if we go help them in a side mission and we do a good job at it, we now have the ability to ask for their help for every single mission we want, and now, you are playing with the "main characters"... although they are just allies here, the main characters are the heroes.

I like this because it expands the notion of the Rebel Alliance being a large group of people doing lots of things in differnt parts of the galaxy. It is really cool to see someone else fighting the good fight.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tor Sverre Lund
Norway
Trondheim
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just change the picture and the name, and they can easily be Luke, Han, etc.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
G Voss
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmb
Johnnymaxx wrote:
I like this because it expands the notion of the Rebel Alliance being a large group of people doing lots of things in differnt parts of the galaxy. It is really cool to see someone else fighting the good fight.

I think I now understand why I enjoy Rogue One so much. Well put, sir.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.