10 Posts

Santorini» Forums » General

Subject: God card print quality? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Greg Walden
msg tools
mb
Mine are pretty awful. The edges are all pretty rough. Anyone else’s like this? Should I request new cards? The one side I didn’t show seems to be ok. Also noticed the bag they come in has paper shredding all over it.

https://imgur.com/a/C4ntT

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Mathias
United States
Hendersonville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
SnackeyG2 wrote:
Mine are pretty awful. The edges are all pretty rough. Anyone else’s like this? Should I request new cards? The one side I didn’t show seems to be ok. Also noticed the bag they come in has paper shredding all over it.

I don't know about later prints, but my Kickstarter copy's cards are perfect, nothing like what is in those pictures. Additionally all the promos I've acquired from Roxley post KS have been of the same good quality.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chearns
Canada
Montréal
Québec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You are not the first to report the problem. It seems that SpinMaster didn't just cut corners by removing the water board to reduce costs, they also made crappy cards.

I really wish I had picked up the Roxley version on kickstarter. Or that SpinMaster didn't have distribution rights for the whole wide world.

soblue

I wonder when the rights revert back to Roxley so that the game can once again get the treatment it deserves?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Walden
msg tools
mb
chearns wrote:
You are not the first to report the problem. It seems that SpinMaster didn't just cut corners by removing the water board to reduce costs, they also made crappy cards.

I really wish I had picked up the Roxley version on kickstarter. Or that SpinMaster didn't have distribution rights for the whole wide world.

soblue

I wonder when the rights revert back to Roxley so that the game can once again get the treatment it deserves?

Yeah everything else seems fine as far as I can tell. I always look over games right when I get them since errors happen sometimes. Also bought from Amazon so getting a fake copy has me paranoid. These are really rough though. Cards are hard enough to keep nice without sleeves.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guido Gloor
Switzerland
Ostermundigen
Bern
flag msg tools
The statement below is false.
badge
The statement above is correct.
mbmbmbmbmb
chearns wrote:
removing the water board to reduce costs

Huh? Cheapskates. The high production quality (that my Kickstarter copy got as well) is part of the attraction of this edition of the game!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gavan Brown
Canada
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
SnackeyG2 wrote:

Greg,

Yikes. That sucks. Please contact Spinmaster customer support (listed on the side of the box) and they will fix this issue for you.

Gavan
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Walden
msg tools
mb
RoosterJuice wrote:
SnackeyG2 wrote:

Greg,

Yikes. That sucks. Please contact Spinmaster customer support (listed on the side of the box) and they will fix this issue for you.

Gavan

I messaged them, you guys and your Facebook page. Should I call instead? Thanks for the reply!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Walden
msg tools
mb
Support told me they have no copies so I have to contact Amazon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gavan Brown
Canada
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
SnackeyG2 wrote:
Support told me they have no copies so I have to contact Amazon.

Greg,

I will contact you directly and we'll help with that. We will take care of you.

Gavan
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geert CE
Belgium
Sint-Truiden
Limburg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Greg,

Did you get new cards?
Our cards have a similar problem. And we got the same answer from Spin Master

We bought our copy at Spiel in Essen. And we have some difficulties to return it to the seller.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.