Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Panagiotis
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
One who fully grasps Bayes' Theorem, yet remains in our universe to aid others, is known as a Bayesattva.
mbmbmbmbmb
Per case, I mean.

My problem is that, from the brief reviews and videos, I can't tell how important the story is to the game. The Dice Tower review touched on this briefly, saying that the story element was lacking. Any thoughts?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clemens Haufe
Germany
Leipzig
flag msg tools
badge
Show me what you got!!
mbmbmbmbmb
I played the witch cult murders 4 times by now and have felt my initial interest for this game slightly waning. Story telling is certainly not a key element of this game and one big reason of my turning away. While the combination of card type/name and the investigation symbols have a strong thematic tie, you would have to tell the story to your self, which for some players is fun, for others too much effort.

To give you a more detailled answer one would need to have played more than one case, to tell the exact differences, but right now I would say Arkham Noir is a very thematic hand management solo game without a real story line to explore. Hope this helps!meeple
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Panagiotis
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
One who fully grasps Bayes' Theorem, yet remains in our universe to aid others, is known as a Bayesattva.
mbmbmbmbmb
Ka_el_em_O wrote:
...but right now I would say Arkham Noir is a very thematic hand management solo game without a real story line to explore. Hope this helps!meeple

It does help. Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich Dodgin
Scotland
Edinburgh
Midlothian
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

I would say it's very replayable, because there is no real 'story' as such.

Instead, it's a hand management / puzzle game with a pasted on theme - but not in a bad way.

I have the other 2 cases and have played each 4 or 5 times so far, and am not bored of the games yet. My copy of The Witch Cult Murders should be here in a day or 2 and I can't wait to play it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pablo R. M.
Spain
Granada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
How replayable? IMHO, very.

As far as the theoretical (numerical) replayability, this game offers many hours of fast (~30 min) and not so fast (~1h) games.

If we are talking about getting bored of a game, that's another issue. I have played a few times and my interest has not diminished because of one main reason: this game is to be pulled out in those times when you have a brief (but-not-that-brief) lapse of time to kill and you are in the mood of a challenging game. In this sense, this game really does the trick.

Despite it is not a life-changing game and lacks an explicit story (sadly), the way the murders are solved, different each time, kind of feels like a story itself. This has happened to me every single time I have played with almost every murder.

For the price it has (€12 approx.), in my opinion, it is a must-have.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.