Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Damian
United States
Enfield
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
RSP's favorite Dumpster rapist whose Kryptonite is Swedish bicyclists is back in the news appealing his sentence. The first trial was apparently "a detailed and lengthy set of lies" because it including such allegations as he raped her behind a Dumpster and not next to a Dumpster enclosure.

On the plus side, if he gets a retrial he could be found guilty again and sentenced for even longer.

http://www.businessinsider.com/brock-turner-ex-stanford-swim...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
G Rowls
msg tools
Mostly made up of spare parts and sarcasm! ... HTTP Error 418 I'm a Teapot!
mbmb
courts should tell him" on yer bike back to jail!".

but not after midnight.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wendell
United States
Yellow Springs
Ohio
flag msg tools
Si non potes reperire Berolini in tabula, ludens essetis non WIF.
badge
Hey, get your stinking cursor off my face! I got nukes, you know.
mbmbmbmbmb
Ironically, I agree with his lawyer:

Quote:
Turner's lawyer, Eric Multhaup, said in papers filed on Friday in a California appeals court that the initial trial was "a detailed and lengthy set of lies."

Though I suspect he and I differ on what the lies were, and by who...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
col_w
United Kingdom
Poole
Dorset
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
For reference, the original thread:
Father defends Stanford student son convicted of sexual assault
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Pennsylvania
msg tools
badge
Bitter acerbic harridan
mbmbmbmbmb
Wait, so he gets a super light sentence, spending only 3 months in jail, but he's still upset about it? He wants his record expunged now? What a joke. I hope the judge has learned something about how repentant Brock is.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
G Rowls
msg tools
Mostly made up of spare parts and sarcasm! ... HTTP Error 418 I'm a Teapot!
mbmb
Sue_G wrote:
Wait, so he gets a super light sentence, spending only 3 months in jail, but he's still upset about it? He wants his record expunged now? What a joke. I hope the judge has learned something about how repentant Brock is.

perhaps he doesn't want a short term career in Trump's administration?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Brown
United States
Okemos
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I wish him luck if he likely gets a different judge.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damian
United States
Enfield
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Sue_G wrote:

Well, he seems to really want his requirement to register as a sex offender removed. Which I can see, despite how much of a douchebag he is I do have a problem with a lifetime non-judicial punishment like that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Pennsylvania
msg tools
badge
Bitter acerbic harridan
mbmbmbmbmb
damiangerous wrote:
Sue_G wrote:

Well, he seems to really want his requirement to register as a sex offender removed. Which I can see, despite how much of a douchebag he is I do have a problem with a lifetime non-judicial punishment like that.

It's hardly completely non-judicial. He had a trial.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Junior McSpiffy
United States
Riverton
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
damiangerous wrote:
Sue_G wrote:

If he didn't want to end up on a registry of sex offenders, he had an option for that. Before his trial.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wendell
United States
Yellow Springs
Ohio
flag msg tools
Si non potes reperire Berolini in tabula, ludens essetis non WIF.
badge
Hey, get your stinking cursor off my face! I got nukes, you know.
mbmbmbmbmb
GameCrossing wrote:
damiangerous wrote:
Sue_G wrote:

If he didn't want to end up on a registry of sex offenders, he had an option for that. Before his trial.

"But duuuude, not raping is a buzz kill!"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damian
United States
Enfield
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Sue_G wrote:
damiangerous wrote:
Sue_G wrote:

It's hardly completely non-judicial. He had a trial.

No, I know. But it's like mandatory sentencing. He was obviously guilty of what he was convicted of, but if we want people to be contributing members of society we can't ostracize them for life.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damian
United States
Enfield
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
GameCrossing wrote:
damiangerous wrote:
Sue_G wrote:

That's a silly argument. We can never object to a punishment as excessive because it's known about it in advance?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Junior McSpiffy
United States
Riverton
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
damiangerous wrote:
GameCrossing wrote:
damiangerous wrote:
Sue_G wrote:

That's a silly argument. We can never object to a punishment as excessive because it's known about it in advance?

If the argument is about the nature of the punishment, that's one thing. That's worth a discussion. But do you think that's what this kid is about? Do you think he's doing this because he feels the punishment is too punitive for the crime, or because he's some entitled kid who thinks the rule is inconvenient -for him-?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I see you...
United States
Avon
Ohio
flag msg tools
"I made a promise on the grave of my parents...
badge
...that I would rid this city of the evil that took their lives. "
mbmbmbmbmb
wifwendell wrote:
GameCrossing wrote:
damiangerous wrote:
Sue_G wrote:

"But duuuude, not raping is a buzz kill!"

And really, we're talking about is more like 18 minutes than 20. That's not even a situation comedy without the commercials.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.