Hide
2 Posts

7 Wonders: Cities» Forums » Rules

Subject: Aspasia Diplomat Token Used Over More Than One Age? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Melkus
msg tools
We were playing last night and in the second age, I played Aspasia and avoided military conflict at the end of that age.

For the third age, I checked the rulebook and couldn't find anything definitive stating that I could keep the diplomatic token through the third age.

I contended that there are lots of leaders who's power/effect continues throughout the game and my family disagreed that I couldn't keep the token into the third age.

Thoughts?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keng Leong Yeo
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
aka Uncle
badge
小富靠勤,中富靠智,大富靠德。
mbmbmbmbmb
Aspasia only allows you to take one, and only one, Diplomacy token. Quoting from page 8 of the rules:

When Aspasia enters play, the player takes a Diplomacy token. (Asasia is also worth 2 victory points at the end of the game.)

Each "Diplomacy" symbol only allows the player to take one Diplomacy token, which reinforces the idea. Quoting from page 5 of the rules:

A player who puts into play a card with the "Diplomacy" symbol takes a Diplomacy token from the bank and places it on their board.

Finally, one Diplomacy token must be discarded at the end of every Age, during Conflict Resolution. Quoting again from page 5 of the rules:

A player can take multiple Diplomacy tokens but MUST discard one during each Conflict resolution.

Putting the above together, it implies Aspasia only allows the player to avoid the next military conflict, not all military conflicts for the rest of the game.

Opportune time to insert my latest pic:
Peace can be so fleeting..., all debt and diplomacy tokens were used
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.