Popular Tags: [View All]
Patrick Etheridge
United States
Cedar Rapids
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

So, is it legal to have multiple rows on the left side with the same color as long as there is not that color in that row on the right side? For instance, say I have a row on the left side of 3 red. Then, I decide to make the two row red also. These are on seperate turns. So, I am not putting tiles on multiple rows the same turn. I am not saying that. But, can you have a red on the two row, and the three row before the round ends where you move the color tile to the right? It seems that shouldn't be legal. But, I couldn't find clarification on that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Funk
United States
Springfield
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, you can start multiple rows on the left half with the same color tiles. The only limiter is if that row has already tiles a piece of that color previously completed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Hamrick
United States
Rocky Mount
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We played a game last night in which we 'house-ruled' that if you have a row started (but incomplete) on the left, then you could not start another row during that game turn. But, once that line is complete, you could then start another line of the same turn before the current game turn is over.
[You cannot have two incomplete lines of the same color at the same time.]

I don't think this is what has been described on this forum - but it worked for us.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich Charters
United States
Chandler
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Frank Hamrick wrote:
We played a game last night in which we 'house-ruled' that if you have a row started (but incomplete) on the left, then you could not start another row during that game turn. But, once that line is complete, you could then start another line of the same turn before the current game turn is over.
[You cannot have two incomplete lines of the same color at the same time.]

I don't think this is what has been described on this forum - but it worked for us.
Just curious....was there a reason for this house rule? Why not just allow them to start any color they wanted as per the rules?....even before the previous one was finished?

Was there an issue/problem you were trying to solve? Or was it that the question just came up and so that is how you decided to play it?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Hamrick
United States
Rocky Mount
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
it was because the question came up, and we didn't have the rules handy, so decided to play it that way. It went fine. The rule (I now know) as per the publisher is that you a) may have multiple rows of the same color in progress at the same time; b) but may only play to one row on a single round. Thus, if I have 2 incomplete rows of azul (blue) on my lines and take 2 or more blue tiles from a factory, I must play them on only one of those two lines. If there are excess blue tiles, I must play them to the floor (and may NOT put them on the other incomplete blue line).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
Is this not rap?
badge
:V
mbmbmbmbmb
Frank Hamrick wrote:
it was because the question came up, and we didn't have the rules handy, so decided to play it that way. It went fine. The rule (I now know) as per the publisher is that you a) may have multiple rows of the same color in progress at the same time; b) but may only play to one row on a single round. Thus, if I have 2 incomplete rows of azul (blue) on my lines and take 2 or more blue tiles from a factory, I must play them on only one of those two lines. If there are excess blue tiles, I must play them to the floor (and may NOT put them on the other incomplete blue line).

You mean turn, correct?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Hamrick
United States
Rocky Mount
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
anarablehill wrote:
Frank Hamrick wrote:

You mean turn, correct?

Correct.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Elmore
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Man, I could've sworn I read in the rules that once you have a particular color in a row, you cannot put that color on another row. I played against someone experienced who did just that, and I realized I couldn't find the rule supporting what I thought. Weird.

I guess I inferred it would make sense since everything else was all about exclusion. It added a new layer of strategy, and I'm kind of sad now that it's not an official rule. But it will make it easier to get all of one color.

Came here to ask this question. Looks like I owe a half-hearted apology to the guy I harassed for teaching that you wipe incomplete rows off the board as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Hamrick
United States
Rocky Mount
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Kuildeous wrote:
It added a new layer of strategy, and I'm kind of sad now that it's not an official rule. But it will make it easier to get all of one color.

Not necessarily. I've played it both ways (wrong way, right way) and didn't find it any easier to get 5 of a color.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Mills
United Kingdom
Forest Row
East Sussex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Kuildeous wrote:
Looks like I owe a half-hearted apology to the guy I harassed for teaching that you wipe incomplete rows off the board as well.

Page 4 of the rule book, last sentence on the page bottom right
"B) ... The tiles in his third and fifth pattern lines stay on his board."

They are both incomplete, so they stay on the board for the next round/s until complete.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.