Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Matthew Simpson
United States
Elkridge
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
2 players, level 2, playing the Dungeon Crawl Again.

Do we get as many 2 cost cards from the market that we can get? Or just 1 at cost 2? (Page 28)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B C Z
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
simpsonps121 wrote:
2 players, level 2, playing the Dungeon Crawl Again.

Do we get as many 2 cost cards from the market that we can get? Or just 1 at cost 2? (Page 28)

Purchase up to $2 *total* worth of cards.
For each card purchased, swap out a basic.

At level 2, you have no choices, take one $2 card.
At level 4 you could take one $4, one $3, or two $2s.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A couple more points.

1. You can't take 2 of the same cards, they have to have different names.
2. You still get to swap out 1 basic card for a Bless.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Simpson
United States
Elkridge
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Awesome! Thanks!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Etienne Koekemoer
South Africa
Boksburg
Gauteng
flag msg tools
mb
Wetworks wrote:
A couple more points.

Can one of the 2-cost cards that you take be a Bless?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Beeman
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
Houston, TX
badge
Little Light
mbmbmbmbmb
EtienneK wrote:
Wetworks wrote:
A couple more points.

This was my question as well, since you already have one and you can't apparently take two of the same. But it could be the rules are separate (I mean they are, but should they be interpreted that way?).

When my SO and I play we don't take bless though because there are better options for each of us (Javelin for her, and Perception for me).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B C Z
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
SteoanK wrote:
EtienneK wrote:
Wetworks wrote:
A couple more points.

This was my question as well, since you already have one and you can't apparently take two of the same. But it could be the rules are separate (I mean they are, but should they be interpreted that way?).

When my SO and I play we don't take bless though because there are better options for each of us (Javelin for her, and Perception for me).

My wife and I assumed that you couldn't take Bless as well (and generally preferred "something else" anyway).

If I recall, these were what we considered once we hit various levels - exactly what we swapped in depended on our understanding of the story:

Ranger (+ Devotion) Bard (+ Arcane)
Level 2: Javelin or Grapple Perception
Level 3: Flaming Oil or Hunters Mark Magic Missile
Level 4: Spiritual Weapon Encore or Misty Step
Level 5: Colossus Strike Twist the Knife

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Beeman
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
Houston, TX
badge
Little Light
mbmbmbmbmb
That's super useful.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mbmb
Regarding this , but more generally about adjusting adventures to your level.... I don't understand why the table for adjusting fails to take into account the original adventure level.

For example... if you're party level is level 4, adjusting anything to level 4 means dragonfire level 3.

Wouldn't a level 1 adventure with dragonfire level 3 be a lot easier than a level 3 adventure with dragonfire level 3? Why would both adventures have the same amount of increase in difficulty? You're only a bit above level 3, but you're lots above level 1.

I'm finding it very hard to describe what I mean! Hopefully that makes some sense.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Olsén
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Gregolution wrote:
Regarding this , but more generally about adjusting adventures to your level.... I don't understand why the table for adjusting fails to take into account the original adventure level.

For example... if you're party level is level 4, adjusting anything to level 4 means dragonfire level 3.

Wouldn't a level 1 adventure with dragonfire level 3 be a lot easier than a level 3 adventure with dragonfire level 3? Why would both adventures have the same amount of increase in difficulty? You're only a bit above level 3, but you're lots above level 1.

I'm finding it very hard to describe what I mean! Hopefully that makes some sense.

I agree with this, I have been thinking about this a lot. I haven't had this situation yet, but I might house rule this since it just sound super silly as written.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B C Z
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The level-up rules makes sense for the Dungeon Crawl. It is clear they were written for that Adventure. They actually *work* for the Dungeon Crawl too, though be aware that starting at Level 4, things get kind of rough.

Wastes is a level 2 adventure that starts with a -1 DFL.
If you have to run Wastes at level 3, then you'll be at +1-1 = 0 base DFL, which is probably appropriate.

Bodyguards is a level 2 adventure, you'll probably run it at level 2. DFLs only affect obstacle abilities and dragonfire cards in that adventure. Running it at level 3 (DFL starts at +2) or level 4 (DFL starts at +3) wouldn't change much, your last few rounds would be in range of a DFL that can make cards harder.

Unholy Presence is level 2 and has its own leveling/scaling mechanisms for levels 3, 4 and 5.

Catacombs is already level 3. I'd have to check, but I don't think the DFL has much of an effect on how that one runs. You still probably want to run at while level 3 anyway.

Plague is level 4. It should be.

The p27/p28 upscaling rules work, but not because they are a good set of rules, but because of how they interact with the current, given adventures.

I have to admit I'd prefer each adventure have its own scaling printed on the card (like Unholy Presence).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.