Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Max Loveless
United States
Bountiful
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I pre-ordered the game three months ago. Has anyone heard anything new?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Graham
Canada
Toronto
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The latest update is that pre-orders will arrive in March with an official release in April now. Warlord also mentioned that as an apology for the delay pre-orders will contain exclusive content including unique planes and gaming components for free.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Alameda
California
flag msg tools
...do not calle up That which you cannot put downe; either from dead saltes or out of ye Spheres beyond.
badge
Wicked Lich of the West
mbmbmbmbmb
How about this as an update:

BLOOD RED SKIES - First Unboxing

In other news: Someone (customer) mentioned an issue with the movement template but referenced a previous conversation so it is not clear what the problem is. Anyone know what is going on with that component?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathaniel Newby
United States
Cross Plains
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
Tokhuah wrote:
In other news: Someone (customer) mentioned an issue with the movement template but referenced a previous conversation so it is not clear what the problem is. Anyone know what is going on with that component?

I don't know what the issue would be... it's a cardboard template with an arc cut in the starting edge to put the front edge of the plane's base into, measurements on where to put the back end up to, and a line to keep your plane pointed the same direction as you had it at the start of movement. It's pretty much exactly what's in your linked video, only not on paper.

My only gripe would be the width of it, since sometimes you can't have a template nearly as wide as the base of your plane poking out in between other models.

But, measurements are in inches, so you can sub out a measuring tape easily... just got to be careful you're moving the plane the right direction.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin
Canada
AB
flag msg tools
mb
I think he's complaining that they didn't take his suggestion for a movement template.

Check the comments on this post:

https://www.facebook.com/WGbloodredskies/posts/1904210839902...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Alameda
California
flag msg tools
...do not calle up That which you cannot put downe; either from dead saltes or out of ye Spheres beyond.
badge
Wicked Lich of the West
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you for the link. That is the same person who complained. It seems like no big deal. Even if the template is not ideal, and I am not even going there untill I try it first, an exesory manufacturer like Litko will make an improved version.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathaniel Newby
United States
Cross Plains
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
Acrylic, side notch, make it about 1/4" wide at the deepest cut of the side arc. That would be narrow enough to work with.

But the template in the box works... and you can always sub out a measuring tape in the meantime.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcus
msg tools
Ive seen comments, and also commented myself, on the movement template more then once. Its a bad design and feels half-hearted.
It would be a MUCH better design to have the template placed beside the crafts, and with markings to aid in turning to remove the need for the separate turning template altogether.

They even had a template similar to this in one of the demo videos by Beasts of War and yet the final product features this...flawed design.

edit:

Ok doing some catching up and among the posts on their FB page they have mentioned that they were too late to change anything in the game as it had been cleared for printing but that shortly after release they will have a redesigned template available for purchase.

So its all good
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin
Canada
AB
flag msg tools
mb
I'm thinking of just playing the game on 1" hexes. Changing direction will be 60 degrees instead of 45 degrees, but eliminates pretty much all of the fiddly templates.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcus
msg tools
Ozariig wrote:
I'm thinking of just playing the game on 1" hexes. Changing direction will be 60 degrees instead of 45 degrees, but eliminates pretty much all of the fiddly templates.

I guess that might work if you want more of a boardgame then a freeform miniature game, but if the template was designed the way mentioned above there really isnt anything fiddly about it, rather straightforward and accurate.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin
Canada
AB
flag msg tools
mb
Only if I'm trying to move a plane that is surrounded by other planes, I suppose

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcus
msg tools
Ozariig wrote:
Only if I'm trying to move a plane that is surrounded by other planes, I suppose

That is true, those situations will need some improvisation but hopefully we wont see too many traffic jams
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.