United States
Lebanon
Oregon
flag msg tools
Send me a trade offer!
badge
I WANT MY TWO DOLLARS!
mbmbmbmbmb
I finally got a copy of this game. I am scared to punch it though until I can find the best way to keep it organized.

What has worked for my fellow BGGers?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Duke
United States
Georgetown
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I use a GMT counter tray for each nationality and one for markers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin L. Kitchens
United States
Gainesville
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
Snowflakes Melt
badge
Snowflakes Melt
mbmbmbmbmb
chang1701 wrote:
I finally got a copy of this game. I am scared to punch it though until I can find the best way to keep it organized.

Custom boxes per nationality.

May the Force Box Be With You!

GMT tray compatible but much trimmer and organized. And I have all of CCE.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Mansfield
United States
Bend
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
When I only had CC:E I was able to fit 3 GMT counter trays plus all the other materials and maps in the box. When I got CC:M, I switched to using 5 counter trays in 1 box (which holds all nationalities including CC:R counters) and the other box for all flat materials.

chang1701 wrote:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cyrus the Great
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
srmansfield wrote:
When I only had CC:E I was able to fit 3 GMT counter trays plus all the other materials and maps in the box. When I got CC:M, I switched to using 5 counter trays in 1 box (which holds all nationalities including CC:R counters) and the other box for all flat materials.

chang1701 wrote:

With CC:E, CC:M, and battle packs 1 and 2, the following system has worked well for me:

CC:E box: maps, cards, player aids, laser sight, small boxes for VP and smoke counters
CC:M box: 4 GMT trays, holding the rest of the counters
3-ring binder: rules, scenario booklets and cards, reinforcement sheets
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chick Lewis
United States
Claremont
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is, imo, the best way. I've been using it for 7 years, and have never been tempted to abandon it.

The beading boxes as counter trays, at least, you should strongly consider. One box for each nationality, and one for informational counters. HUGELY better than the flimsy, self-emptying GMT counter trays. You can fling 'em across the room and not a counter escapes.

https://boardgamegeek.com/article/5528675#5528675

And here is the proper link for the locking counter trays:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B004N5MIF8/ref=sr_1_...

Chick

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Duke
United States
Georgetown
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Way too bulky for my tastes.

But thanks for sharing. Might work for me in other areas.

I've never had a GMT tray self empty unless I was dumb. 😀
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
chicklewis wrote:
The beading boxes as counter trays, at least, you should strongly consider. One box for each nationality, and one for informational counters. HUGELY better than the flimsy, self-emptying GMT counter trays. You can fling 'em across the room and not a counter escapes.

I've never had a GMT counter tray self-empty.

This is perhaps because I don't fling mine across the room. (I'm weird that way!) I can see how flinging trays across the room might cause them to self-empty.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
TonyKR
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
Never had a GMT tray self empty either. Those clamshell Chessex trays, on the other hand....

To answer the OP, I put two nationalities in each GMT tray. So three trays for the 6 base armies (both CC:E and CC:M), one tray for all the other counters, string, etc. One box gets the four trays, the other box gets all the maps, cards, and rules. The scenarios and reference cards are kept in protector sheets in a 3-ring binder.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Hasegawa
United States
Chandler
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I went and got a set of these -

https://www.amazon.com/Darice-2025-251-Clear-Container-Stora...

Each individual container has a screw on lid for holding the chits. It works great. You can find these at Michaels, Hobby Lobby and Jo Ann, so you can get them for about $6 each with coupons and a willingness to go back and get them one at a time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
With all expansions I have:

One counter tray for each each nationality, with the French and Resistance consolidated into one tray, plus one tray for markers. Smoke and Objective chits go in small baggies for easy dumping into cups.

Marker tray, Germans, scenarios, rules, etc. go in the Europe box.

Rest of the counter trays in the Med box.

Maps in Resistance box.

Sleeved decks in 800ct. card box.

A small bag with three plastic ramekins and a ID badge reel that I have on my shelf for any wargame that needs cups and LOS string.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin L. Kitchens
United States
Gainesville
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
Snowflakes Melt
badge
Snowflakes Melt
mbmbmbmbmb
This is from a year or so ago... The only change now is the counters are in my custom trays (noted above)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.