Subject: Spy cost clarification rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jeremy Heilman
United States
Denver
CO
flag msg tools
Double-checking the rules for the Spy here... I imagine others might find the answer helpful as well...

The rules state:

Quote:
To activate a diver belonging to an opponent (directly on your left or right), spend 1 Credit and use the effect of the diver located on the same level as your Spy on your opponent’s player board. Resolve the effect of that diver as if it were on your player board. Therefore, you cannot copy your opponent’s Spy to activate a diver belonging to an opponent who is not directly on your left or right.

My main question is:

1) If I copied another player's Explorer using a Spy that was not upgraded, I would need to pay one credit for my Spy activation (payable to the other player, if using the "advanced" variant). Then I would need to play 2 credits to the bank to utilize the Explorer ability. Correct?

A few more small questions...

2) If my Spy is upgraded, there is no Spy activation cost, so the other player receives no credit as compensation, even if I spend credits to activate their token's power. Correct?

3) Can I use a Spy, upgraded or not, simply to send another player's token to the top of their stack, should I choose not to activate the diver ability?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oscar Gomez
Japan
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Just played my first game yesterday, so take the following with a pinch of salt:

1) Yes

2) Yes

3) Yes, but only if you are playing with the Designer's variant.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.