HeroQuest» Forums » Plays/Fiction

Subject: ZX Spectrum Play session 4: Prince Magnus' Gold rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Raymond Haaken
Netherlands
Maastricht
flag msg tools
Check my YouTube channel "Boardgame Heaven"!
badge
Feel free to geekmail me about reviews, or if you need a microbadge designed.
mbmbmbmbmb
I found out how to save the game! The browsergame has a hidden menu with a save/load option. Awesome! So a new team of heroes entered Quest 4, and hopefully they'll survive to be able to buy some upgrades.

I'm tasked with retrieving Prince Magnus' Gold, which has been stolen bij an orcish warband, lead by a chaos warrior.

I delved into the dungeon, and encountered few enemies, although I did set off at least 3 wandering monster traps while searching for loot.

Spotted a pit trap in a corridor, and my elf fell into another one later on.

The route was very linear, with only 1 dead end room. We fount the three treasure chests, and killed the chaos warrior, after clearing the dungeon completely. The way back was tedious, as the game doesn't stop untill you actually exit the dungeon again, and these 3 chests were slowing 3 of my heroes down. It's in the rules of the boardgame, but in this case, it was totally unneccessary, as the dungeon was clear, and in a boardgame, you simply stop there. But I had to play through dozens of turns, rolling 1-6 movement points for 3 of my heroes... ugh..

The map:
Spoiler (click to reveal)

I was supposed to hand over the gold to Magnus, and receive 200 reward, but as the chests contained 250 each, I decided to keep it all HAHAAHAHA! I can't become a champion now. Boohoo! But I'll at least survive the next quests, because my wizard now has a staff, my elf and dwarf have a shield and helmet, saving them from a lot of hurt.

On to quest 5!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.