Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
10 Posts

Sid Meier's Civilization: A New Dawn» Forums » Rules

Subject: Use of science tech dial rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Darth Hidious
Singapore
flag msg tools
Once a complete revolution is completed, will another level 2 tech Card be available?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Thompson
United Kingdom
Unspecified
flag msg tools

Dial resets to 15 (from memory) back page of the rules.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ParisianDreams
msg tools
badge
It's so FLUFFY!!!!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Yup it resets to 15 and another lvl 2 will not be available. From memory once it does a full rotation only lvl 4s after available after that.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Leder
United States
Plainfield
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
ParisPink wrote:
Yup it resets to 15 and another lvl 2 will not be available. From memory once it does a full rotation only lvl 4s after available after that.


This is correct.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Konwacht
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
MantaScorp wrote:
ParisPink wrote:
Yup it resets to 15 and another lvl 2 will not be available. From memory once it does a full rotation only lvl 4s after available after that.


This is correct.


I also was wondering. So this means, that in each game you only see ONE LVL2 and ONE LVL3, but maybe more LVL4 techs? Because after you passed 2 and 3 there will be only 4 available?

A littlebit sad or do I miss a point? I don't mind that this is a very straight forward tech devlopment (no tree at all) but only having each tech level once and to decide which of the five focusses will be 2 or 3... puh, sounds anti-climate.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Harry Angel
msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmb
Konwacht wrote:


I also was wondering. So this means, that in each game you only see ONE LVL2 and ONE LVL3, but maybe more LVL4 techs? Because after you passed 2 and 3 there will be only 4 available?

A littlebit sad or do I miss a point? I don't mind that this is a very straight forward tech devlopment (no tree at all) but only having each tech level once and to decide which of the five focusses will be 2 or 3... puh, sounds anti-climate.


You can upgrade two times to lvl 2; 2x lvl 3 and 2+ to lvl 4. With Pyramids world wonder and your 2 from the dial you can have up to five lvl 2 techs. With Oxford ww (i think) you can have lvl 3 and lvl 4 of the same type, e.g. mass production and flight.
The game is quick, so i think the tech "tree" is suitable.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Konwacht
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, just to be clear - wonders and other effects aside. Just regarding the tech dial: By that action you can only have 1x LVL2 and 1xLVL3, because after the first LVL 4 it is always reset to 15 points and therefore can only produce more LVL4, or?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Harry Angel
msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmb
Konwacht wrote:
Ok, just to be clear - wonders and other effects aside. Just regarding the tech dial: By that action you can only have 1x LVL2 and 1xLVL3, because after the first LVL 4 it is always reset to 15 points and therefore can only produce more LVL4, or?


The tech dial reset after you get your second LVL4. And afterwards you can upgrade and the others. in early to mid game you are able to upgrade two times second level tech and two times lvl3 tech. Yes, when you pass over 24 on the dial next space will be 15, and you will be able to get only LVL 4
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mark selleck
Australia
Alice Springs
NT
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
One full rotation of the tech dial will grant you 2 level 2 upgrades, 2 level 3 upgrades and 2 level 4 upgrades. Once a full rotation is complete the dial will reset to space 15 where only level 4 upgrades can be got now
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Konwacht
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, yeah, now I understand this tech dial. Ok, thanks a lot for the clarification1
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.