Sid Meier's Civilization: A New Dawn» Forums » Rules

Subject: Placement of control tokens rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Darth Hidious
Singapore
flag msg tools
They must always be adjacent to a city

So , building cities is the only way to spread c0ntrol tokens over the board.

Am I playing this right?

Thanks in advance

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Collins
United States
Portage
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe higher culture tech and possibly wonders will allow you to place control tokens that are not adjacent to cities.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn Maxwell
United States
Mesa
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
By normal placement rules, that is correct. However, according to the combat rules on page 11, you can attack another players control token and, if you win, replace it with one of your own. So you could have a control token not adjacent to one of your cities as long as you play a military card with a rating of 2 or higher.

Then, as it's now a friendly space, you can use that new control token to do a military action further out by using that instead of a city.

At least, that's the way it sounds to me. Can anyone verify this?

CW
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Buchanan
Canada
flag msg tools
mb
Kesavanss wrote:
They must always be adjacent to a city

So , building cities is the only way to spread c0ntrol tokens over the board.

Am I playing this right?

Thanks in advance

As you advance through the game you will/could get different abilities through tech/focus and wonder cards that could allow you to do different things with control tokens.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tahsin Shamma
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
j41c wrote:
I believe higher culture tech and possibly wonders will allow you to place control tokens that are not adjacent to cities.

Yes, this is correct.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Dew
United States
Daytona Beach
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Chaoswarlord wrote:
Then, as it's now a friendly space, you can use that new control token to do a military action further out by using that instead of a city.

So long as you did it on a later turn. You cannot use a newly-acquired control token as the launch point for an attack on the same turn you acquired it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.