Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ash Night
United States
Concord
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It seems like there are very very very few sculpture contract cards (i.e., used to sell the artwork), but a lot of digital art contract cards. Is this the same for others? (And any thoughts as to the thematic importance?)

When we teach the game, we feel like we have to caveat the distribution so as to avoid someone hoping for sculpture contract cards that never come out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Swan Bones
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ashnight wrote:
It seems like there are very very very few sculpture contract cards (i.e., used to sell the artwork), but a lot of digital art contract cards. Is this the same for others? (And any thoughts as to the thematic importance?)

When we teach the game, we feel like we have to caveat the distribution so as to avoid someone hoping for sculpture contract cards that never come out.

Interesting! I hadn't noticed this. As far as I can tell, if it was reflective of reality, I'd have thought paintings should have the most contracts due to being the most sold media.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Combs
United States
Spring Lake Park
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have 5 contract cards of each genre in my copy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander Bergenstråle
Sweden
Luleå
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dhc3po wrote:
I have 5 contract cards of each genre in my copy.

Same here!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Thunkd
United States
Florence
MA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ashnight wrote:
It seems like there are very very very few sculpture contract cards
Seems like? Why wouldn't you just check to see if the distribution is different?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vital Lacerda
Portugal
Oeiras
flag msg tools
designer
badge
2010 - Vinhos, 2012 - CO2, 2014 - kanban, 2015 - The Gallerist, 2016 - Vinhos Deluxe, 2017 - Lisboa, 2018 - Escape Plan, CO2 Second Chance and Dragon Keepers - Maybe: 2019 - ROTW Portugal and On Mars, 2020 - Kanban Deluxe Edition
mbmbmbmbmb
There are the some number of cards on each type of art.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ash Night
United States
Concord
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks everyone.... looks like the set of contract cards in my game is not the way it's supposed to be! I didn't quite know the distribution since I was being lazy and didn't want to unpack the box .

But now that I know it's supposed to be the same distribution, this is what my game looks like:

- 1 sculpture
- 5 photographs
- 5 paintings
- 9 digital art

My future games of Gallerist will be much better. I'll make a request to the Publisher for a fresh set.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan S
United States
Longwood
FL
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The first thing I do when I unpack a game is make sure my component quantities match what is written in the rule book. Hope you get your cards corrected.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ash Night
United States
Concord
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
The first thing I do when I unpack a game is make sure my component quantities match what is written in the rule book. Hope you get your cards corrected.

I can't say I'm as diligent as you Evan, but after our first play through, we did do a count of sales cards. Unfortunately, the rules don't list #s of each type, just #s in total.

Husband and I played again yesterday, after I cribbed the right set on index cards (thank you Tabletopia! for the exact card distributions + bonus actions). Definitely liked the game more.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan S
United States
Longwood
FL
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ashnight wrote:
Quote:

I can't say I'm as diligent as you Evan, but after our first play through, we did do a count of sales cards. Unfortunately, the rules don't list #s of each type, just #s in total.

Husband and I played again yesterday, after I cribbed the right set on index cards (thank you Tabletopia! for the exact card distributions + bonus actions). Definitely liked the game more.

Glad to hear it worked out! It's been a couple months since I last played and I'm surprised to hear they don't clearly define the quantity of each card. Interesting.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ash Night
United States
Concord
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As a quick update, shout out to Eagle Gryphon for sending me a set of contract cards!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn Harriman
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
GoingTopShelf wrote:

Me too.

I notice when I open the rules and don't find an itemized list of all components included.

Punching, counting, organizing storage, etc.. get me familiar with what I am reading about in the rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.