Subject: Terror in the Catacombs rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jon Olsén
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just wanted to make sure I play this the same way you do.
When a location becomes inactive, it still deals damage correct. I play like it does indeed, but the mission is really brutal =)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B C Z
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We played that a location that was deactivated stopped dealing damage but could still be a place to stand.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Decatur
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
byronczimmer wrote:
We played that a location that was deactivated stopped dealing damage but could still be a place to stand.

I wonder when you get the $$ award for the location -- when it's first deactivated, or when you can finally discard it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B C Z
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wretched Git wrote:
byronczimmer wrote:

I wonder when you get the $$ award for the location -- when it's first deactivated, or when you can finally discard it?

We pay out when you 'defeat it'.

The only real reason for the 'deactivation' is the strange rule that you cannot leave the location (even if defeated) until you clear it of all obstacles.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Lawson
United Kingdom
Yateley
Hampshire
flag msg tools
designer
This is my take on the Adventure.

The Adventure starts with two locations but no Adventure Environment card.

When a location has been defeated then it becomes inactive.

Once inactive (defeated), the location pays out its gold but only to the players at that particular location.

The inactive (defeated) location doesn't attack.

The inactive (defeated) location isn't removed (i.e. discarded) until the end of a scene and the only way the scene can end is when all the encounters - including the location(s) - have also been defeated.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.