Subject: "You are treated as having S" rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dana Olson
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi there,

I played a friend's copy of the game last night and a piece of gear (I think it was the Power Armour T-60E, but I'm going by memory) said something to the effect of "You are treated as having S" on it. We didn't see this type of wording elsewhere in our playthough, and didn't find mention of this in the rules.

We assumed it would mean a reroll for S tests or weapons with an S, for example. Our question was whether we treat our XP track as if we had S as well... So does the XP indicator stop there as if we had an S or not?

The rules explaining how to track XP do only mention the SPECIAL tokens as stops, but doesn't address this situation at all. We took it to mean that it we don't stop the XP indicator at an empty S, but I could see people making a case either way. Maybe we missed mention in the rules? There was sure a lot of jumping around in them, so it's definitely possible.

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig S.
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
I would think it only applies to tests and fights. I'm not entirely sure, but until there is an official clarification that's how I would play it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Jansson
Sweden
Trollhättan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Common sense interpretation:

- Let's you use "S" rerolls.

- XP meter is still empty on "S" so skip it when gaining XP.

- XP meter is still empty when leveling up so you need to fill it before getting access to "S" perks.

Sounds to me like you did it right.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.