Tyler Durden
Germany
Goettingen
flag msg tools
Brettspielblog.net
badge
Visit my blog: www.brettspielblog.net
mbmbmbmbmb
Just played him, his peril cards were never triggered. Only way to get points was to be moved by other players?!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Babis Giannios
England
Newcastle
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Neferhotep is one of those characters that "shine" once you have some more games under your sleeve
In order for him to score points, you need to place his Peril cards to "high-traffic" rooms and have your opponents suffer the consequences.
Don't forget that his "Justified" ability triggers once a Hero activates a Peril OR uses their Destiny Response, you just need to ensure that they're in a tough situation.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr Stuket
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
It's not often that I disagree with a games designer, but I'm with Tyler on this one. The traps simply don't trigger often enough (even in rooms with high traffic) leaving this guy with few ways to score enough to win. It can happen, but it's difficult and unlikely. In my opinion Neferhotep is poorly balanced.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoffrey Heffernan
Australia
flag msg tools
100% agree there is very few times where you need to interact on a tile that is trapped, you simply move to another tile with the same furniture on it, next time ill just never force this guy to assist me and he is utterly worthless, this is a 3 player game now IMO.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Babis Giannios
England
Newcastle
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Valcurdra wrote:
100% agree there is very few times where you need to interact on a tile that is trapped, you simply move to another tile with the same furniture on it, next time ill just never force this guy to assist me and he is utterly worthless, this is a 3 player game now IMO.

Don't be quick to judge.
I assure you this is a 4-player game.
Neferhotep is actually a "beast" if you get used to his playstyle.
His tactics rely on pure opponent sabotage and most of his deck is bent on doing exactly that.
As I said before, play it more and enjoy the moments with your friends.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Halliday
United Kingdom
Herts.
flag msg tools
Overclock Epic Fail!
badge
Please note I am no longer very active on BGG.
mbmbmbmbmb
Theoloc wrote:
Don't forget that his "Justified" ability triggers once a Hero activates a Peril OR uses their Destiny Response, you just need to ensure that they're in a tough situation.

Yes, but that can only happen once per round for a maximum point yield of 20 in a game. In reality you would be lucky to score any points from it in the first two rounds unless you were able to "push" an opponent into a room and trigger the Peril - and the card you play to do that would then need to be redrawn to use it again, so you have to cycle all the way through the deck before you get another chance to force the issue.

With hardly any access to Rescue cards, Neferhotep is pretty much dead in the water if other players keep away from him and his Perils for a couple of rounds.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alvin Chen
United States
Bellevue
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Meepleplex wrote:

With hardly any access to Rescue cards, Neferhotep is pretty much dead in the water if other players keep away from him and his Perils for a couple of rounds.

Doesn't one of his anchor cards explicitly give him access and points for something (I think rescuing mathematicians or something similar)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.