Subject: is it possible to buy just the base for a character? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Zach
United States
Sugar Land
Texas
flag msg tools
My Krang lost his base.. Anyone know if it's possible to get a new one?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Stapley
United States
Lyman
Wyoming
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's a sign... Do a full miniature base for each character, with flock and sand and rivers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zach
United States
Sugar Land
Texas
flag msg tools
AtStapley wrote:
It's a sign... Do a full miniature base for each character, with flock and sand and rivers.

I would love to. But I don’t know how. Do you know any good videos?

My goal is to have the most pimped our Mage knight of all time.

Also on my list are to replace the mana with real glass tokens (possibly that glow), replace the box with a full stained box with wood burnt art, and maybe replace the dice with a beautiful customn set if possible.
And get minis that look like they weren’t painted by someone working for 10 cents an hour in China.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Quantum Jack
United States
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
All your (krang) base are belong to us.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Bauer
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
zb1035 wrote:
And get minis that look like they weren’t painted by someone working for 10 cents an hour in China.

But they are HANDpainted!! This SCREAMS quality! whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
torontoraptors
Portugal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
zb1035 wrote:
My Krang lost his base.. Anyone know if it's possible to get a new one?

If you don't find an alternative, someone already had your problem and solved it by 3D printing.
If you have any shop nearby which 3D prints you could use this https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1622885
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Stapley
United States
Lyman
Wyoming
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
zb1035 wrote:
AtStapley wrote:

I would love to. But I don’t know how. Do you know any good videos?

My goal is to have the most pimped our Mage knight of all time.

Also on my list are to replace the mana with real glass tokens (possibly that glow), replace the box with a full stained box with wood burnt art, and maybe replace the dice with a beautiful customn set if possible.

There are tons and tons of good basing videos on youtube. If you search for " _________ terrain base" It will likely pop up. Whether you want graveyard or lava or ice or whatever it be.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Freelance Police
United States
Palo Alto
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
zb1035 wrote:

Late reply, but one thought is to contact a painter and ask him to select and paint figures for you, particularly if you're interested in different figures (particularly the Victoria's Secret wannabe). With luck, he may have some painted miniatures he could part with. MK has few figures compared to other boardgames, so the pimpjob won't be as much as, say, Zombicide. The figures are generic enough that, with some asking around at the FLGS, you could get someone to part with their already painted generic fantasy figures (dragon guy might be harder to find a replacement for).

http://theminiaturespage.com/boards/topics.mv?id=34

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.