Twilight Imperium (Fourth Edition)» Forums » General

Subject: Link to TI4 actual play rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Uffe Henriksson
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi, sorry to bother you this fine sunday evening. I’m planning to run Twilight Imperium 4 with some friends during the holidays and was wondering if anyone could link to a long actual play? For me its always easier to learn the rules by actually watching a game played and not only read the rules. You know

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mikael mordai
Denmark
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Theres a rules video out there but dont know if anyones put up a play video...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Uffe Henriksson
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, seen several rule and unboxing videos. But I’m after that slow and complete 8 hour experience

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Omni Pyrmaeus
United States
Socorro
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WDlpu5nSUak

I haven't actually watched the nearly 11 hours (only the first 15 minutes or so).

They streamlined and randomized the set up a lot; I assume that was an intentional choice to be able to get into the play earlier on, but they also spent time on the stream choosing races - something that they could have done before recording - so it is also possible they simply didn't know the correct way to set up the galaxy. That also means there may be more in the game that they got wrong, so keep that in mind while you're watching.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Uffe Henriksson
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, I will check it out later!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sergio Perez
United States
Terrell
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
uffe38 wrote:
Yeah, seen several rule and unboxing videos. But I’m after that slow and complete 8 hour experience

So, you're saying the 17th unboxing video for any particular game may not be very helpful?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
daniel
msg tools
omnipaul wrote:
so it is also possible they simply didn't know the correct way to set up the galaxy.

they knew how to set up the galaxy but didn't want to use the standard method that tries to solve a potentially large disadvantage with a minor boost to starting trade goods (the minor amount of trade goods does not properly balance the potential loss of available uncontested planets, especially for the player in the middle of the sandwich) and the gap method hasn't been tested for 4th yet so they used the re-balanced galaxies found here: https://www.boardgamegeek.com/filepage/151808/ti4-balanced-s...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
G. Sullivan
Canada
Sudbury
Ontario
flag msg tools
Hey actually had a game on Saturday, 5 player (haven't created a session report yet, used a modified start called star-by-star, some of the description is caught at the beginning) streamed to twitch, it was our first game of TI4 so we made some mistakes (didn't realize we refresh all planets during status and agenda, missed plasma scoring 2 shots for PDS) but I think we called most of them out in the video.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/206093921

Mature content because we do swear when playing
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.