Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David "Davy" Ashleydale
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Can I add dinos through hatching or herd growth in an area with a volcano? The rules say that I can't move any dinos in or out, but can they still reproduce and have babies there?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Hawes
Australia
Brisbane
Queensland
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
No. Once you place the volcano there you can't change the number of dinos in there until the volcano is removed during your next turn. So make any changes in that area before you place the volcano there.

Remember the predators can leave the area to attack elsewhere and predators can't move through the area on their way to another target area.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David "Davy" Ashleydale
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks.

For future editions, you might want to change:

"Whilst a Volcano Counter is in an area, no Dino may enter or leave the area by any game mechanism."

to something more like

"While a Volcano Counter is in an area, the number of Dinos in that area cannot change. Dinos may not move into or out of the area, nor may they grow or hatch."

To me, "enter" and "leave" are terms that only have to do with movement. If a baby is born in a hospital, I would never say that the baby "entered" the hospital.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.