Popular Tags: [View All]
Oscar Luis L.
Denmark
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I´ll try to explain the situation.

Only 2 players left...

Last round: Player A plays a Handmaid and is "protected"

Player B plays the King (trade cards) but, as Player A played the Handmaid, this card has no effect.

Player A and B show their final cards and player B happens to have the Princess!

The "protection" in this case played against player A: I have never before experience that!

Thank you very much!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Williams
United Kingdom
Penkridge
Staffordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have never seen that situation but have seen the reverse where one player has played the handmaiden and the other has the princess and the prince and is forced to play the prince on themselves and discard the princess!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Bateson
United Kingdom
Ross-on-Wye
flag msg tools
badge
Oi! Hands off...
mbmbmbmbmb
rassilonsghost wrote:
I have never seen that situation but have seen the reverse where one player has played the handmaiden and the other has the princess and the prince and is forced to play the prince on themselves and discard the princess!

Now that's interesting. We have always played that you can choose to 'play' the Prince on the other player even though it is protected. It just has no effect. What is the official rule?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kory Walsh
Canada
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
What is the official rule?

That you play it on yourself
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kory Walsh
Canada
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Akebono wrote:
I´ll try to explain the situation.

Only 2 players left...

Last round: Player A plays a Handmaid and is "protected"

Player B plays the King (trade cards) but, as Player A played the Handmaid, this card has no effect.

Player A and B show their final cards and player B happens to have the Princess!

The "protection" in this case played against player A: I have never before experience that!

Thank you very much!

So?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Bateson
United Kingdom
Ross-on-Wye
flag msg tools
badge
Oi! Hands off...
mbmbmbmbmb
Rothro wrote:
What is the official rule?

That you play it on yourself

Doing a bit of digging, it would appear that this was one of the rules that changed between publishers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max DuBoff
United States
New Brunswick
New Jersey
flag msg tools
"My name is Ozymandias, king of kings: / Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!"
badge
Habeo in animo vivere in perpetuum aut mori dum conor.
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep, this has happened to me multiple times. At least according to the AEG rules, no trade happens and Player B wins.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Williams
Australia
flag msg tools
How often does this happen? Well, that depends on how often you play. It has a non-zero, but small, probability of occuring in any game. If you play a huge number of games you'll see it quite a lot. If you play once a year, you're unlikely to see it at all.

We've seen it literally dozens of times - and it's hilarious. All part of the fun and complex interactions of the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Cooper
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Mage Wars: Beastmaster's Pet
mbmbmbmbmb
I play games as a job - we use board games in our drop-in centre to build confidence and social skills in children. Love Letter is one of the most popular games there and we must have played it over a thousand times in the last few years. This situation has come up many times - but so has the situation where a handmaid has been played and the other player has the Princess and a Prince, so must discard his own card!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.