3 Posts

Talisman (Revised 4th Edition): The City Expansion» Forums » Rules

Subject: Haggler card rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Johan Beijer
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
You may trade with a character that you land on by exchanging any 1 Object of yours for 1 Object of his.

If i read this right the key Word is ”trade” meaning both players choose which items changes hand? If I have the haggler I offer an item to another character and he hands me something in return.

Correct?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grarrrg Grarrrgowski
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Uncertain.
There aren't a whole lot of "trade" effects in Talisman.

With most Talisman cards I tend to err on the side of "too good". Which in this case would be the player with Haggler would get to choose both Objects.

Here's basically my thought process...
Argument for Haggler chooses:
*All else equal, trading isn't a net gain/loss, and this is YOUR Follower, so you should benefit
*It isn't super easy to land on another player
*Even with multiple landings it loses usefulness after a trade or two anyway

Argument for Opponent chooses:
*It is a repeatable effect
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johan Beijer
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I think my group will more and more trend towards this style of play.
This is What makes the game progress faster and cut into the massive playing time.

We have also previously been following another uncertain rule that the followers special ability work in the same way as the characters - interact with an ability toward another character = turn over.

Next time we will test with being able to use followers, such as the haggler , and then encounter the space or character as normal.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.