Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
8 Posts

Clank! In! Space!» Forums » Rules

Subject: Pulling cubes at the end of th game rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
The rules stat that after the first person escapes you pull 4 blocks on there turn. Does this apply for every person that has escaped? I.E in a 4p game if 3 people have escaped does that mean that we draw 4 blocks for each player to have escaped (12) before the remaining player goes again.

Also can you use the trams "track" as a pathway to avoid getting stuck if not using the tram to move

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Shep
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, on their turn 4 four cubes are drawn by any player who has escaped (unless you're playing two-player. Then on their turn 6 are drawn by the first player to escape )

Not sure about your track question. Can you clarify what "stuck" means?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tobias Lunte
Germany
Garrel
Niedersachsen
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
For the second question, I believe they're asking whether adjacent spaces on the hyperlift are also connected normally, so that you could use a foot icon to move one space without getting dizzy. At least, that is something that I wondered for quite a while. I'm currently leaning "no" on that since the lines are dashed, not solid and they're specifically not adjacent for card effects.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K New Power
Sweden
Malmö
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What i understand is that only one person, the first one out of the ship will draw cubes. Not everybody.

From the rulebook
"Once a player leaves in an escape pod or is knocked out, they no longer take normal turns. They add no more Clank! to the Clank! area. Cards that affect all players don’t affect them. They take no damage from cubes drawn from the Boss Bag.
Instead, whenever that player would take a turn, they take all the cubes in the Clank! area and put them in the Boss Bag. They shake the bag up and draw four cubes. Ignore the Boss Marker’s current space on the Rage Track and any additional Danger in the Adventure Row—draw exactly four cubes. Otherwise, damage is taken just like in a boss attack."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philipp Zielke
Denmark
flag msg tools
Stepping across a platform field perpendicular to the hyperlift direction, i.e. along the solid lines shouldn't make you stop. Only if you are moving along the hyperlift's dashed lines, no matter how far, should cause you to end your movement. At least this is my interpretation.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Ladson
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Everybody that escaped draws cubes on their turn. Rather than the old game where the game would just end four turns after the first person escaped, In Space goes for a snowball effect that is supposed to be harsh on the last player still on the ship.otherwise the game would bog down if the last player gets lucky card/cube reveals while only one guy draws and two other players are just twiddling their thumbs.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Jarvis
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Every player that escapes draws cubes... Hence why it states that you draw 6 in two player. Personally I much pefer this to the original clank games ending.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Harry Jacobs
Canada
Yellowknife
Northwest Territories
flag msg tools
mbmb
Yes found this a bit harsh as that rule left me dead as basically I had two players pulling 4 per turn, never stood a chance, I did get to a Transfer Pad below the cargo. The strategy used by the winner was basically on the way down, raise the threat level, only really concerned himself on movement and chard churning, and basically ran the way back in two turns, leaving the other players in the dust.

Few cards added to his escape was the one that allows you to blow past security spaces.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.