Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
jamuki (Jueguetistorias)
Spain
Madrid
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi!

I played today a demo in GameOn Madrid! I do not usually write this kind of posts, but I must say it: Wow!

It has been a lot of time since I felt that a game matched so well the theme, and with such a good story. My most humble recognition to Jerry for creating something I can not even dream of.

For those of you wondering about the game: it's basically an adventure book. Every par of pages is one with story about a specific scenario and with the proper rules of that scenario. The story is REALLY good as you can expect from Jerry's work. Depending on the outcome of the story, you will go to one or another scenario.

In every scenario, the stuffed teddies from a little child who is sleeping alone for the first time in her life need to protect them from the evil master of nightmares.

On each turn, a player will take out five dice from a black bag, of different colors. Some of the dice is to health (white dice, btw - the health points are actually STUFF to fill in your teddy!), there is also dice to attack hand-to-hand (red dice), long range attack(green dice), movement dice (any dice) or dice to climb up or down (green dice), joker dice (purple), etc.

After playing the dices, it's time for next player to do their actions.

However, if you get black dice it will put aside. When there are as many black dice aside as enemies, they will move and harm the teddies.

In general, the mechanics are good, if nothing revolutionary (although the take-out of dices is nice). The good part of this is the story, the art and everything that Jerry has created fit nicely to overwhelm you with its atmosphere.

Thanks Jerry for creating such an awesome game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.