Mazovia
flag msg tools
publisher
melanzowniatv.znadplanszy.pl
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
RULES - page 12 wrote:
Each blue icon on a card flipped by enemy Wings, representing a missile, may be struck as a casualty by the losing side of the battle, and if no other assets remain, must be. Otherwise, at the end of the battle, each missile destroys one remaining enemy Cruiser, Wing, or Transport, of the launching player's choice.
This paragraph of the rulebook drives me crazy. I've read it hundred times. I've analysed the whole rulebook in relation to this fragment. And I still do not get it... Please just tell me what does it mean, or... see the list of questions that it brings to me below.

RULES wrote:
Each blue icon on a card flipped by enemy Wings, representing a missile, may
[1]may? I cannot imagine anything optional in the battle, please tell me what is optional here?

RULES wrote:
be struck as a casualty by the losing side
[2]...and how can I know who is the losing side?! according to new rules the winner is not the player with greater strenght, but a player who destroys more units of an opponent, and counting the casualties struck by missiles may turn winner into a loser, so... to finish that elaborate analysis with a question - Who is the losing side at the momment taken into consideration in this sentence?

RULES wrote:
of the battle, and if no other assets
[3]...omg, the word asset has neither appeared before nor later in the entire rulebook. What is it? All ships C+T+W?

RULES wrote:
remain, must be. Otherwise
[4]Otherwise to what situation? The word otherwise is used to explain different situation than presented before the word. But I see that before this word there is a sentence that presented two different situations, so... to which 'otherwise' is used?

RULES wrote:
at the end of the battle, each missile destroys one remaining enemy Cruiser, Wing, or Transport, of the launching player's choice.
this is clear

Please note that even if I get all the answers to my 1-4 questions I feel that I will not get the general concept so I need some deep explanaion of what is going on here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian K
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It means that when you lose things in battle (you lose as many things as 5e difference in strength), you can choose to lose missiles instead of transports or cruisers. If you have no more transporter or cruisers, you must lose missiles.

I think the surviving missiles are fired after everything else.

Is anything still unclear?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bartosz Chlebicki
Poland
Warsaw
Mazovia
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Muemmelmann wrote:
It means that when you lose things in battle (you lose as many things as 5e difference in strength), you can choose to lose missiles instead of transports or cruisers. If you have no more transporter or cruisers, you must lose missiles.

I think the surviving missiles are fired after everything else.

Is anything still unclear? :)
Wow! Now it makes sense! Thank you! :)

Edit:
Not all of it though. My last question is:
Can losing player make use of the missiles he launched?
Or is it only winner who will strike the opponent with missiles?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian K
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Both can if the missiles survive.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.