C KOSS
Canada
flag msg tools
My son in law (who is now 23) said he played a fun game at camp when he was a young boy and he would love to find it. I'm hoping someone here might recognize the game.

It was a 2 player strategy game...each player had a man that he had to try and get across the board to the treasure and while doing that you could place a barricade to try and block the opponent from getting to their treasure (but you could not trap the opponent in a square) you could only put a barricade in their way that made them have to go around to get to their treasure.

Anyone have any ideas?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johannes cum Grano Salis
United States
Finger Lakes
New York
flag msg tools
badge
"It's not hard to design a game that works, the real challenge is making one that people want to play again and again."--Martin Wallace
mbmbmbmbmb
You're basically describing Quoridor, but I'm not sure if there was ever a version that used treasure; even the original version of the game was abstract and was a "get your pawn to the other side" game. Show him a few pictures from the Quoridor game gallery (or Quoridor Kid, or even Pinko Pallino, which was the original name) and see if any of that jogs his memory.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oh you seekers of the new who run terrified from history into the clutches of an eternal life where no electric shaver can be built to last.
United States
Riva
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Timber Tom is like that but he would have mentioned how sweet the board was.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Tavener
United Kingdom
London
England
flag msg tools
designer
The overtext below is true.
badge
The overtext above is false.
mbmbmbmbmb
Also: Blockade (aka Cul-De-Sac)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C KOSS
Canada
flag msg tools
YAY! Quoridor is the right answer ... guess the 'treasure' idea was not exactly part of the game but something they may have been told when they played ... thanks so much for the assistance ... now I'll know what he'll like for a gift
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.