Roberto Setola
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
Nec Recisa Recedit
mbmbmbmbmb
I am playing the first scenario of this very promising game.
I have the following question:
Rules state (12.1) that"Phasing player may conduct a Combat attack with each of his eligible Combat Units".
Is activation an eligibility condition? i.e. is the phasing player limited to conduct combat only with activated units or can he attack with non activated units as well?
I wonder how the other players have interpreted the rule.
Thank you

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Kling
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Eligible Combat Units simply means they can engage in Combat during the Combat Phase. An artillery unit would not be eligible as it can only fire during the Artillery Ranged Combat Phase (12.2). A Combat Unit that moved or conducted Close Combat would not be eligible to conduct Ranged Combat this game turn (12.3). Of course, if eligible they are still subject to the combat limitations of range and attacking through front hex sides.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roberto Setola
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
Nec Recisa Recedit
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you Steve for your prompt answer.
I understand that non activated units, if they meet eligibility criteria such as the one you are mentioning, can engage in combat.
Thank you again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.