Ut
flag msg tools
designer
playtesthub.firebaseapp.com
badge
patreon.com/theTrueMikeBrown
mbmbmbmbmb
Crossposted from the design forum in case anyone here wants it

The original thread is here: PlaytestHub - A tool to help designers and playtesters. Open beta in case you want to respond there.

Hey Folks,

A while ago I said that I was going to make a website that would allow designers and playtesters to connect in an easy and fair way. I have finally finished my first iteration of that website.

It is called PlaytestHub.

I have run it through some alpha testing using friends, family, and a few people that support me on Patreon, and it seems to be working well. Biggest complaint that we currently have is that some actions (signing up to playtest a game, deleting a message, etc) takes a few seconds.

Feel free to visit it, create an account, add your game, and playtest people's games. As more players put their games on the site, the games that will be at the top of the list will be games owned by players that playtest other people's games, so it is critical if you want your games to be playtested that you playtest other people's games.

Here is the bug tracker, for those of you that find bugs. I might even give people points on PlaytestHub if they find new bugs, and write them up in a way that makes them really easy for me to fix them (good reproductions steps are critical).

Finally, I have to stress that this is a beta site, and it probably has some bugs in it. Now that I am done with my ION Award submissions, I am ready to devote some real time to this site, so I should be able to fix them quickly, but if you don't want to find them, don't join the site until I declare it to be out of beta.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derrick
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
Hey Mike, this is a great idea! I checked out PlaytestHub and think it's very intuitive and easy to navigate.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
michael brown
United States
SANDY
Ut
flag msg tools
designer
playtesthub.firebaseapp.com
badge
patreon.com/theTrueMikeBrown
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks!

That was certainly a design goal of mine

I have made some updates to it to make it work in more browsers (I won't enumerate them here, the other thread already has them).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.