Michael D. Kelley
United States
Silver Spring
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I have all of the big box expansions, but never bought any of the mini packs.

Looking at the app, I know that most of the stuff is "coming soon," so we can't say for sure how it will work.

But it seems like there is nothing to stop me from saying that I "own" the packs for all the characters that are already included (in token form) in my big expansions: Boba Fett, Jabba, Jedi Luke, you get the idea.

I'm sort of confused why marking these packs as "bought" should do anything extra when really the stats for playing those characters come in the bigger expansions.

So yeah, just musing, but for now I'm putting every expansion as "bought", except for the few that are standalone minis I don't have stats for (and even they can be printed from online).

Any thoughts on this?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kenny Felts
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As long as you're fine with printing cards/stats and not having appropriate miniatures then it will be ok.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Brosius
United States
Needham Heights
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
My favorite 18xx game for six players is two games of 1846 with three players each.
mbmbmbmbmb
You can record data in whatever way works for you. There aren't any rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Danielson
United States
Mountlake Terrace
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There is the occasional item along with the command and agenda cards in the single mini blisters. I think the few items will be the only things you won't also have in the big box that might show up in the app.

Off the top of my head I can only remember the Ancient Lightsaber in with Obi-wan but I am sure there are a few others.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant
United States
Cuyahoga Falls
Ohio
flag msg tools
One of the best gaming weekends in Ohio since 2010. Search facebook for "BOGA Weekend Retreat" for more info!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Eric Brosius wrote:
You can record data in whatever way works for you. There aren't any rules.

He's not talking about recording them as owned on BGG, but in the SW:IA app.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Bronzeman06 wrote:
There is the occasional item along with the command and agenda cards in the single mini blisters. I think the few items will be the only things you won't also have in the big box that might show up in the app.

Off the top of my head I can only remember the Ancient Lightsaber in with Obi-wan but I am sure there are a few others.

Obi-Wan, Maul, and Greedo each had an Item card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cracky McCracken
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Common sense would be one thing. The instructions tell you what to do, if you want to do otherwise, go for it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael D. Kelley
United States
Silver Spring
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
ColtsFan76 wrote:
Bronzeman06 wrote:

Obi-Wan, Maul, and Greedo each had an Item card.

Those are the only 3 I bought, as luck would have it
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trent Boardgamer
Australia
Perth
Western Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
GameMasterX0 wrote:
I have all of the big box expansions, but never bought any of the mini packs.

Looking at the app, I know that most of the stuff is "coming soon," so we can't say for sure how it will work.

But it seems like there is nothing to stop me from saying that I "own" the packs for all the characters that are already included (in token form) in my big expansions: Boba Fett, Jabba, Jedi Luke, you get the idea.

I'm sort of confused why marking these packs as "bought" should do anything extra when really the stats for playing those characters come in the bigger expansions.

So yeah, just musing, but for now I'm putting every expansion as "bought", except for the few that are standalone minis I don't have stats for (and even they can be printed from online).

Any thoughts on this?

FFG is currently hunting down people that lie about the content they own. None of the people caught so far have appeared back online to let us know what happened to them, so assess the risk for yourself.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul H
United States
Phoenix
Arizona
flag msg tools
Why aren't you at your post?
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
By saying you have one of the mini-expansions, the app will add the villains to the randomizer and you will be told to add that figure and its card to the play area as a villain. The associated ally mission may be added as a side mission as you are completing the story missions.

You can proxy the minis and see if you can find the Unit Card associated when needed. At this time, only the support for the Wave 1 minis have been added (Han, Chewie, Rebel Troopers, Rebel Saboteurs, Royal Guard Champion, IG-88, & General Weiss). There may be more functionality that I'm missing or haven't seen, but that's what I've been able to gather so far.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.