Popular Tags: [View All]
Tom McGreevy
United States
Naples
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Can the Mill worker be used multiple ways in a round? If I use him for Transportation can I also use him for Sawing? I am assuming he can only be used once.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan S
United States
Longwood
FL
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You can use him as a bearer, Sawyer, or Woodcutter, but he can only be used for one thing each season. Once used up, he's done. Consider him exhausted.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom McGreevy
United States
Naples
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So in the winter unless you have a hut you can only take one of the actions since you can only use your Mill worker.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan S
United States
Longwood
FL
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It’s been a few months since I last played, so I forget what the hut does for you, but I do believe you are correct. Just one action in winter typically.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom McGreevy
United States
Naples
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
At the end of the round, if I read the rules correctly, all the workers, including the ones you don't use, are removed from your mill and go back to main board.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan S
United States
Longwood
FL
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep. You don't use 'em, you lose 'em. Thematically, I consider them seasonal hired help. Contract workers. Vagabonds.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrian Sperling
Canada
Coquitlam
British Columbia
flag msg tools
Fooled you!
badge
Click to edit.
mbmbmbmbmb
GoingTopShelf wrote:
Yep. You don't use 'em, you lose 'em. Thematically, I consider them seasonal hired help. Contract workers. Vagabonds.

So really, not a surprise that they don’t stick around. Actually, it’s quite a relief: if I hired a homeless person, living just off a path in a forest clearing, I’d be happy if they left at the end of the day, rather than stab me with a septic shank and steal my Marks to buy booze and cigarettes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan S
United States
Longwood
FL
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This thread inspired me to get the game played after a four month layoff. Yes, the hut tiles are invaluable for getting stuff done in winter. Otherwise, you are S.O.L.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.