Popular Tags: [View All]
Thomas Leitner
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I’m confused. When playing the Director card, the rules say one can choose to take a coal bunker. Yet, if playing with the President variant, the rules say that coal bunkers must be bought.

To confuse matters further, the coal bunker tokens all have £50 printed on one side.

Are the rules for obtaining coal bunkers actually different whether playing with the director vs. the president (free in one, £50 in the other)? That just seems bizarre to me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lucas Hedgren
United States
Dublin
Ohio
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
When playing the President card, coal bunkers are bought with contracts, not cash.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gillum the Stoor
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Invest action lets you buy a coal bunker for £50 when playing either variant.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Belgium
Brussel
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I also thought it very weird that a coal bunker costs 50 pounds with Invest yet is free with the Director. That is the case, right?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gillum the Stoor
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Invest also gives 2 coal, and Director does not.

In addition, Director gives a Coal Bunker only if you're taking back at least 6 cards.

You may find yourself in situations in which you need a Coal Bunker (or coal!) and you don't yet have many cards played.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.