Recommend
1 
 Thumb up
 Hide
6 Posts

Legendary: A Marvel Deck Building Game» Forums » Variants

Subject: MARVEL LEGENDARY VARIANTS rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
allan Whittaker

Ohio
msg tools
mbmbmb
I recently purchased a copy of Marvel legendary and I am hooked already. Ive noticed that there are a lot of custom made variants around which look really appealing and seem to make the games replayability enormous but how do you use these variants? is it a case of just adding the custom made cards into the cards which came with the game or am I missing something?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emilien M
France
Paris
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
newtoboardgaming wrote:
I recently purchased a copy of Marvel legendary and I am hooked already. Ive noticed that there are a lot of custom made variants around which look really appealing and seem to make the games replayability enormous but how do you use these variants? is it a case of just adding the custom made cards into the cards which came with the game or am I missing something?


Errr, there are expansion packs, (like civil war and such) which are self evident to use as they are composed of hero decks, villain decks, mastermind decks.... just as the base game. There's usually a few new rules corresponding to the new cards but in all you can fuse everything together when setting up.

Then there are "other" legendary games, which use the same principles and more and are not compatible. Aliens, predator, firefly... these are not Marvel Legendary.... most of these have the "encounters" subtitle.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
allan Whittaker

Ohio
msg tools
mbmbmb
Thanks for the reply but I'm talking about these kind of custom made cards

https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1411658/legendary-star-wars...
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andreas Esbech
Denmark
Odense M
Danmark
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Game card printers won't allow any copyrighted material to be printed as they might be liable for any such printing. What you could do is print the cards on a regular printer and sleeve them with a playing card. This is what I've seen a few people do when playing with print and plays.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin H

Maine
msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
newtoboardgaming wrote:
Thanks for the reply but I'm talking about these kind of custom made cards

https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1411658/legendary-star-wars...


Some of them, like the Star Wars by Itai, are meant to be complete sets of their own, but most are meant to be mixed in with the normal game.

You can try printing them through online sites, but I guess more and more sites are starting to deny requests due to copy written materials. A big problem, I believe, is the Marvel logo on the back of the cards.

I do what Andreas said, but to do this you will have to sleeve all your cards if you want to mix them in. You should probably also use colored sleeves, which are opaque on one side.

I use Ulti-Pro Matte sleeves. They are not the cheapest, but they are high quality and have a nice feel to them. I print out whatever customs I want to play with and slip them into a sleeve with a Magic the Gathering land card, which I get from my local game store for super cheap.

I like doing it this way over trying to print out actual cards to match Legendary because they are cheaper, I use the sleeves to protect my actual cards (the basic starting cards got real worn through a lot of play) and since I like to make my own customs and tweak them, I can always just print out newer versions after tweaking them.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
allan Whittaker

Ohio
msg tools
mbmbmb
jhochges wrote:
newtoboardgaming wrote:
Thanks for the reply but I'm talking about these kind of custom made cards

https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1411658/legendary-star-wars...


Some of them, like the Star Wars by Itai, are meant to be complete sets of their own, but most are meant to be mixed in with the normal game.

You can try printing them through online sites, but I guess more and more sites are starting to deny requests due to copy written materials. A big problem, I believe, is the Marvel logo on the back of the cards.

I do what Andreas said, but to do this you will have to sleeve all your cards if you want to mix them in. You should probably also use colored sleeves, which are opaque on one side.

I use Ulti-Pro Matte sleeves. They are not the cheapest, but they are high quality and have a nice feel to them. I print out whatever customs I want to play with and slip them into a sleeve with a Magic the Gathering land card, which I get from my local game store for super cheap.

I like doing it this way over trying to print out actual cards to match Legendary because they are cheaper, I use the sleeves to protect my actual cards (the basic starting cards got real worn through a lot of play) and since I like to make my own customs and tweak them, I can always just print out newer versions after tweaking them.


Thanks for the info, just what I was looking for
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.