--- None ---
After ideating about Realms of Desires, we build this game based on Dou Shou Qi’s Game Mechanism but introducing the following elements to the game to make it much more exciting than our childhood game.
- Randomised Modular terrain — Add more uncertainty to the game and ensure no game is similar
- Slight change to game rules of Dou Shou Qi
- 4 players last man standing game instead of 2 players. Greater difficulties in managing your attack and defense
Feel hype about our game, we do a rapid prototyping on AI within a few hours and here’s the result!
First prototype on A4 size
Prototype 1 Specs:
- Per tile size: 2 Inch x 2 Inch
- Per square size: 1 Inch x 1 Inch
- Size of play board: 8 Inch(L) x 4 Inch(W)
Our first playtest with friends.
We did a quick playtest with friends to play a 4 player version of our game.
Unfortunately, there isn’t enough time as we need to rush to a meeting. We pause the game with 2 players remaining.
Before we left for our meeting, we collected the following feedbacks & improvements for our next prototype:
- Gameplay is simple yet challenging
- Engage us fully for 30–45min. Totally forget about time and my problems in reality but just how to strategize my path to victory
- Would love to play again
- Wish to play on a bigger board
- Improve the overall fidelity of the prototype with better graphics
- A quick start rule book to learn the game
With the feedback and improvements in mind, we prioritize the following efforts for our prototype 2.
- Print it on A3 foam board
- Introduce standees with numbers and graphics to illustrate the characters/units
- Find graphics to mimic the different terrains we have
- A simple rulebook for players
That’s all folks! If you want the PnP version and a rulebook version for this prototype. Feel like to drop me an email at email@example.com
Stay tuned to our Realm of Desires for more updates on our journey of how we bring this game from an idea to Kickstarter.
You can also read our article at Medium too
- Last edited Mon Dec 4, 2017 8:43 am (Total Number of Edits: 1)
- Posted Mon Dec 4, 2017 8:42 am