Popular Tags: [View All]
Joao Mendonca
Portugal
Tavira
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello,

I just found out there will be a new KS for this starting tonowor! Since I got the retail copy I would like to ask Victory Point Games if you can have a pledge for the expansion back and the bags has an addon
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Fenerty
Australia
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
On the facebook post they stated just the expansion pack will be a separate pledge, but didn't see anything about bags, they would be nice to grab also

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Emrich
United States
Irvine
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
I know the plan was to offer the Expansion Pack separately for current owners of the game. I believe the original sail-cloth bags were a thank you gift to backers for the first printing doing so well. I don't think we have plans to offer those same bags again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Diego PC
Scotland
Bridge of Allan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What is it there in the expansion?
Nautilus Upgrades only? I would love new motives as well

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Zdybel
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Deletereo2004 wrote:
What is it there in the expansion?
Nautilus Upgrades only? I would love new motives as well

I don't think I'm giving away any corporate secrets by telling you that future expansions will feature new Motives! thumbsup

While you're waiting, you can head on over to the Variants section and help yourself to the four new Motives I recently added. They were created with scraps from the cutting-room floor and my own experiences play testing this wonderful game!

I hope you enjoy them. Please leave your comments! arrrh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frazer Eden
United Kingdom
Cheshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Whens it launching I guess its on a US timetable... nearly 5pm here already...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frazer Eden
United Kingdom
Cheshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Xonim wrote:
Ambush3 wrote:
Whens it launching I guess its on a US timetable... nearly 5pm here already...

9am PST, which is ~1.5 hours from the time of this reply.

6PM GMT thank you!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brett Miller
United States
Logan
UT
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Since I am (potentially) paying shipping for the expansion, I wish I could add-on a reasonably priced upgrade pack that corrects errata and mistakes from the first printing...

It's beginning to be a real pet peeve of mine when companies do a second "kickstarter" and offer a better version of the game I backed originally at the same price.

KS backers of this "print run" get a game without rules mistakes and the expansion for $59? I pledged $56 originally and I get the privilege to pledge $5 (so... $61 total? how does that make sense?) plus additional shipping and I still have to print off errata from BGG? Oh, and the shipping rate this time around is lower...

Look, I know the whole "KS is not a store," it's a risk, yadda yadda. But it makes me much less likely to back future games from the same company when this happens. If KS backers are gonna end up with first print run mistakes they should at least pay a lower price considering they are paying money upfront for a game that is an unknown.

You could have at least set the price for the new pledge at $61 and kept the shipping the same. It may seem like a few bucks to you but it feels kind of like an insult to me. Also, the fact that you are producing corrected versions makes my version much less valuable

Sorry guys, I feel a little burned that I am going to end up paying more for less... I can get bags on my own.

Oh, and don't give me the whole "you got the game first thing" - that has no value to me. I have plenty of games.

I know some people will see this as whiney, but it's a trend I am really not happy about. If I had known, I wouldn't have backed originally. Now I regret that pledge. I don't think that's how you want your backers to feel...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Tomcavage
United States
Malvern
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
galaxybear wrote:
KS backers of this "print run" get a game without rules mistakes and the expansion for $59? I pledged $56 originally and I get the privilege to pledge $5 (so... $61 total? how does that make sense?) plus additional shipping and I still have to print off errata from BGG? Oh, and the shipping rate this time around is lower...

I think you're discounting the value of time. How many months have you been able to play this game that those just pledging now haven't had? For me, the value of extra play time supersedes any feeling of loss from missing out on the updates, or feelings of injustice at the cost that I paid.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Subatomic Birdicle
United States
flag msg tools
*chirp*
badge
*squawk*
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow. You must really hate it when you buy a computer for X dollars and later a faster one comes out and costs less besides.

A company improves their product, lowers their price and gets criticized for it? No good deed goes unpunished it seems.

KS seems to create some really odd mindsets from the "ghosts of campaigns past."

shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Young
United Kingdom
Feltham
Middlesex
flag msg tools
Crumpets Buttered and Tea, what more could you ask for in life
badge
Crumpets Buttered and Tea, what more could you ask for in life
mbmbmbmbmb
And its off........

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/567823005/nemos-war-nau...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew McFarland
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Honestly, I feel quite miffed that there's no option for an errata pack--that I'll happily pay for--as well. Don't care about any of the other stuff, but that's something that should probably be offered and I can't see why it's not happening.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colin George
United States
Philadelphia
PA
flag msg tools
Eyefink wrote:
Honestly, I feel quite miffed that there's no option for an errata pack--that I'll happily pay for--as well. Don't care about any of the other stuff, but that's something that should probably be offered and I can't see why it's not happening.

Alan Emrich via the Kickstarter comments:

* Corrected components are "under advisement" right now and we are making inquiries. If you can exclude the one minor fix removing the Imperialist -50VP notation on the map (so an entire mounted map need not be replaced), things get a lot more affordable (just cards and books). Give us some time to look into that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew McFarland
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Psh, new mounted map or bust. laugh

Actually, that's very cool of them. Hopefully it goes through.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joao Mendonca
Portugal
Tavira
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
galaxybear wrote:
Since I am (potentially) paying shipping for the expansion, I wish I could add-on a reasonably priced upgrade pack that corrects errata and mistakes from the first printing...

It's beginning to be a real pet peeve of mine when companies do a second "kickstarter" and offer a better version of the game I backed originally at the same price.

Look, I know the whole "KS is not a store," it's a risk, yadda yadda. But it makes me much less likely to back future games from the same company when this happens. If KS backers are gonna end up with first print run mistakes they should at least pay a lower price considering they are paying money upfront for a game that is an unknown.

You could have at least set the price for the new pledge at $61 and kept the shipping the same. It may seem like a few bucks to you but it feels kind of like an insult to me. Also, the fact that you are producing corrected versions makes my version much less valuable

Sorry guys, I feel a little burned that I am going to end up paying more for less... I can get bags on my own.

Oh, and don't give me the whole "you got the game first thing" - that has no value to me. I have plenty of games.

I know some people will see this as whiney, but it's a trend I am really not happy about. If I had known, I wouldn't have backed originally. Now I regret that pledge. I don't think that's how you want your backers to feel...

The only thing i agree here is, the old backers should have the option of getting the "fixed" stuff. For a low price. The rest, imo is just a rant.

I actually have the retail version and i haven't played it yet, so i believe i have the same errors.

I just wanted the bags lol

I do believe ALL THE COMPANIES try to make good and reward their previous customers, so let's just wait on what VPG will do...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cathy F
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I love this game and have already backed the KS. I also wish VPG would provide an errata packet to “fix” my current 2nd edition instead of buying a whole new game. VPG—please provide an errata pack as an add on. I will happily add it to my pledge! Thank you!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich Moore
United States
Oxford
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Gotcha!
mbmbmbmbmb
The only mistake I'd appreciate would be a replacement for the reinforced armor upgrade that incorrectly gives -1DRM to warship attack rolls. Seems like it would fit right in with an upgrade expansion pack.

I'm not aware of other serious errors (other than the -50VP for imperial victory)....is there a discussion of errata elsewhere?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Betz
United States
Hamburg
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
There is a pretty good chance there could be mistakes in the new edition too. So then what? We hope for a third KS edition with everything correct? Mistakes are made all the time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Iain
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As an 'original' second edition owner I'm actually fine with the changes. For me the errata are so minor it's great they are being fixed but they don't affect the enjoyment of the game IMO.

I'll happily be pledging for the expansion.

The only thing I saw which was a minor upset was that they are looking at doing a better insert to hold all the stuff! Though I do now have a storage solution I am happy with
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew McFarland
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jbetz45453 wrote:
There is a pretty good chance there could be mistakes in the new edition too. So then what? We hope for a third KS edition with everything correct? Mistakes are made all the time.

You literally just described what companies have been doing with subsequent reprints for decades. Victory Point Games included.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philipp Eis
Germany
flag msg tools
PM me your type of "Soul Food"!
badge
mhhh...
mbmbmbmbmb
I've just discovered the KS campaign. I'm pretty intrigued!

Ive got a question though regarding the components. It's not mentioned on the KS page, so I guess the components of the 2nd edition and the new reprint are the same? Especially the exclusives of the KS campaign from 2015 are also included in this reprint?

Edit:
Quote:
Found the following on the KS page:
Is there anything new in the reprint of Nemo’s War: Second Edition?
There are several minor corrections in the reprint of Nemo’s War: Second Edition. Nothing else has been altered. All gameplay stretch goals from the first campaign are included in this run

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henry Matheson
United States
Norman
OK
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You could simply have a sticker to put on the map if there was errata printed on it. I got a sticker like this for my pandemic to add the purple disease and it sticks right on the board. It was not errata but the idea is the sticker is placed over that section of the board and works just fine. I think it is a low cost good solution. I know if I had backed this game or bought it retail I would want an 'upgrade' pack with any card or sticker for the board in it. I assume the rule book has low count and/or minor errata not necessitating a new rule book, but if it is, offer a reprinted rule book as part of that kit (and yes that means at a cost to print all that stuff, but since it is for past customers who had faith in the game I'd say print at or near cost of this material to make it as low as possible in price.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Franco
Australia
flag msg tools
You could do a sticker for the board but to be honest it's so minor I don't mind.
The rulebook is fine.
Errata'd cards would be nice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kaizoku no Kwash
Spain
El Sauzal
flag msg tools
mb
This is just the worst KS campaign ever.
The guys doesn't anwsers to question ... no stretch goal ...
The price jump of 20$ if order to Europe.

THIS IS SO SNOOBISH !!!!
I hate this kind of people.
They can go to hell with their game, I'm not backing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike
United States
Lyons
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kwash wrote:
This is just the worst KS campaign ever.
The guys doesn't anwsers to question ... no stretch goal ...
The price jump of 20$ if order to Europe.

THIS IS SO SNOOBISH !!!!
I hate this kind of people.
They can go to hell with their game, I'm not backing.

Hope the rest of your day goes better.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.