23 Posts

Sorcerer» Forums » General

Subject: Why did You supported Sorcerer? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Honmiho Ukolen
Finland
flag msg tools
Hello to all of You guys, who supported this wonderful project!
I'm one of the game testers and Peter's friend and my question for You - what was the reason for you to go for The Sorcerer?
When I first saw the game, I was playing some other game at the next table at the pub and Peter was presenting Sorcerer to some of his friends from our games community. The first version was for me something like complicated (remember please, that was a long way from THIS sorcerer and I was not so skilled boardgame player), but I really love the art and setting (I mean, who DOESN'T want to be a sorcerer or powerful being on his own?) of the game. Few years from that, we met with Peter at our local game shop to play some games and he came to show us the newer version of the game. Visual was better designed, it was also made for more players. Still that was not the final product, but it was better prototype of the game with upgraded rules, something more like you were able to see two years ago. At that time, I instantly fell in love with vampires - powerful, strong individuals (there was a lot of playtesting to make them more not so OP ) and also werewolves (which were much more different, but still Sorcerer-themed). So I tried it instantly, skilled from more games played during the time i fell into the game really fast. Since our first meeting, I played the game a lot, tested all of the possible combinations and also spend a lot of time consulting with other testers and mainly Peter ups or downs of cards. From my first Sorcerer experience passed a lot of time and creating the whole game and world of Sorcerer took a lot of time, nerves and sleep
So why did I supported the game? Because I like the idea to combine cardgame and boardgame in one, I totally like the replayabilty of the game and fact that every player can make their unique Sorcerer combined from character/lineage/domain. The art is totally astonishing and badass, no doubt. It was a lot of work, hard work, but I think that this game is wonderful and the community is forming very fast
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Felix L.
Germany
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I support Sorcerer, because it's just the game for me and our gaming group. The game mechanics are interesting, it looks splendid and the theme is captivating.

What more can I say? I hope it will be a blast to play. Can't wait already meeple

That's it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dale Clouston
Canada
Levis
Québec
flag msg tools
mbmb
It weem to be a very fun and strategic card game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawna LaDelpha
Canada
flag msg tools
Well put!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dizdi
Greece
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
First of all it has a unique horror fantasy urban feeling that no other good cardgame has nowadays.
Secondly, it seems that the rules have good foundations and the game is paytested thoroughly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nikke Lehtinen
Finland
flag msg tools
Chaos in the Old World is probably my favorite boardgame (visually? definitely) and Sorcerer has that same kind of twisted, gothic imagery.

Oh, forgot to mention the gameplay looks better that any card game I have seen
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Honmiho Ukolen
Finland
flag msg tools
Trust me, this game has a ton of playtesting so I thing You will be satisfied Also the feeling of CHitOW is something I like - dark world of gothic age eith this stuff..awsome!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew Dallas
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I like card games.
The art was very good.
I like the 'Smash Up' easy deckbuilding for games I'm going to play casually.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn Marier
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
Simple, the artwork. Now I just have to hope gameplay is as good.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vladislav Nikolov
Bulgaria
flag msg tools
The dark theme, the superb artwork, the easy to construct decks (no deck-building experience required) and the dice, which add a bit of luck to the strategy (although black or red dice would have been much cooler).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darrell Goodridge
United States
Windsor Locks
Connecticut
flag msg tools
Currently at 1:2 ratio, getting better every week
badge
I don't want it, I don't need it, but I can't stop myself. - Stabbing Westward
mbmbmbmbmb
I like Vampires and Necromancers. I love the artwork. I like the "Smash-Up" deck building. I like the fact that it can (now) play 4 players competitively. Looks like a lot of options for replayability.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil scahtten
msg tools
mb
I backed the game because I don't like the work that tabletops like malifaux or warhammer bring with them (have to measure, roll dice over and over again, etc.) but I like to build up armies, to battle and to collect cards. Sorcerer has that tabletop feeling but not the work (besides rolling dice) and I love card games like MTG, BEHIND and so on.

Besides that the theme and the art are just fantastic and I have the feeling that the game will be very immersive!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lurking Wolf
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The art is jaw dropping.

I don’t own any other game quite like it.

I like that the decks are somewhat pre-made and thematic, but can combine for experimentation.

I like that it’s expandable, and a solo variant is planned.

WWG has yet to disappoint me; I get what looks like a fun game and also help ensure they can keep making new things.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawna LaDelpha
Canada
flag msg tools
The art is superb and the gameplay is like nothing I currently own.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason
United States
Ogden
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The simplest summary is that it looks like the game I wanted Smash Up to be. I wanted to merge a few decks together and fight it out. Not stack them on a base for points. (I realize many monsters have powers, but... eh.)

I had a lot of fun playing Magic: The Gathering for years. But, it's not accessible enough to get to the table. Either you buy pre-made decks and they're pretty static, or you need to find people willing to sink money into creating their own decks. It's a great game, but requires a lot of time and money.

Sorcerer hits a niche I've been trying to fill for awhile. The gameplay looks solid, and the art is great. It's one of the few Kickstarters that I wish I didn't have to wait.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marek Dovina
Slovakia
flag msg tools
There are several reasons to me.

The game looks gorgeous, whole team did/do great job. Arts are amazing and game itself looks like a lot of fun.

I played MTG for some time, but it is not for me from point of deck building, finding best cards, carry about any single card which I can add to my deck. I have no time to spend hours and days with building deck and preparing for sessions, looking forward for new cards.
This game is complete. Even if we will not play for a long time, you can just take it and play. I hope we will enjoy it much and will be played regularly.

Last but not least I want to support dream of my friend Peter. He change his work life to make his dream come true and Sorcerer born. He is another example that if you want and do all for that, you can transform your dream into reality. Peter and team around did/do excellent job and I can't wait till I get my Sorcerer's box.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lester Festertester
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Deck combining a la Smash Up, check!

Non collectible card game, check!

Beautiful art, check!

Tactical board game elements, check!

Custom dice, check

Proven Kickstarter Creator, check!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Scholtz
Slovakia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
Well i just want to help the backers to earn the stretch goals :-)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henrik Schmidt
Germany
Kiel
flag msg tools
Designer of Titans of Steel - www.titansofsteel.de
badge
Designer of Titans of Steel - www.titansofsteel.de
mbmbmbmbmb
Card decks combined with spatial dice based combat and great art did draw me in. Watching the gameplay video finally convinced me.

Allegiance: A Realm Divided is one of my favorite games and Sorcerer does scratch the same itch with new exciting twists.

What I miss a bit are some light based or neutral heros/factions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcello Lombardi
Italy
flag msg tools
Because it's perfect for 2 players, which is what I play the most.
Because of the innovative mechanics and innovative approach.
Because I don't have to use time to actually build or draft a deck pre-game.
Because of the cool artwork.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick May
United States
Pinellas Park
FL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For me, there were several things that drew me in. For starters, it was being produced by WWG which I have had nothing but awesome experiences with. The art is top notch and I love the dark and occult-ish theme. There's a little bit of HP Lovecraft, a little bit of Mr Norrell and Jonathan Strange, and a little bit of Something Wicked This Way Comes. Once the game play videos were put out there, I watched them all and it was the game play that really sealed the deal for me. I love the concept of smashing 3 separate decks together to make your custom sorcerer...and that that mechanic provides so much replayability as you explore all the different deck combos. I also love the dice rolling for damage and the re-rolls which make for some interesting decisions. All in all looks like a fabulous game. I backed it and can't wait to get it and play it!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jayden Kimber
msg tools
Guess for me it was the gameplay mechanics. Loved Magic the gathering but dont have the spare money to get right into it.

LOVE board games in general. So this kind of combined the love of board games with the love of deck building in a fun infused manor.

The gameplay video that was provided with the kickstarter was very informative and the artwork AMAZING!!! so why wouldn't you be drawn in.

Also loved the stretch goals and achievements, even the art for that was appealing!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anne POVEDA
France
flag msg tools
Hello !
So I did support Sorcerer because of
- the art: card design is very great
- deck combination : with diffrent decks possibilities i think it renews each party
- dice reroll : when I saw the twitch video from pennyArcade, and i started to yell on dices reroll ^^ I knew i need it because it's fun
- my birthday is in june and i need a great gift !!!

(sorry ! first post and non english speaker !)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.