Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Oren Douek
United Kingdom
Milton Keynes
Buckinghamshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Can the FAQ be updated with rules pertaining to the promo cards, perhaps?

I'm at loss as to what the Viking Ally card does.

The term "Leader Stand" doesn't appear in the rulebook and since I'm using miniatures seems inappropriate.

Also, I do not understand what taking control over a defeated Viking Leader achieves. A defeated Leader doesn't have any units left on his card, so cannot be used and is supposed to be removed from the game.

How can the English use a Viking Leader that does not have any units left? Can he move around and pick up units?

I seem to have completely missed something here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anton Nieuwkoop
Netherlands
Klundert
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
the leader becomes an English leader for the English forces who won the battle.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oren Douek
United Kingdom
Milton Keynes
Buckinghamshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks. I now realise that the text on the actual card is different (and much clearer) than the text on the card's image on BGG.

The actual card says:
"A defeated Viking Leader switches allegiances to the English, who now control him. Place any surviving English Units on that Leader's Invasion Card."

While the image on BGG says:
"When a Viking Leader is defeated, the Leader Stand stays but it and the Leader's card are controlled by the English."

What if the English forces in that shire already have a leader (Alfred the Great)? I guess you can split the units that were on Alfred between the two leaders, assuming that more than one English unit has survived the battle.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.