Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Ruf
United States
Acworth
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've seen no real answer as to why this game doesn't seem to have the availability of most FFG new releases. Anyone actually know what's up with that?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron White
Australia
Bathurst
New South Wales
flag msg tools
Bennett from Brawl
badge
Slow and Thoughtful
mbmbmbmbmb
Legend5555 wrote:
I've seen no real answer as to why this game doesn't seem to have the availability of most FFG new releases. Anyone actually know what's up with that?

My only guess is it is selling like mirelurk cakes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg
United States
Lowell
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Rook96 wrote:
Legend5555 wrote:

My only guess is it is selling like mirelurk cakes.

True, but shouldn't they have accounted for that based on preorder numbers?

Then again, this could be a thing where only so many are allotted per distributor and places like MM or CSI only being allowed so many copies.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Day
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hahma wrote:
[q="Rook96"]True, but shouldn't they have accounted for that based on preorder numbers?

Fallout isn't as bad as Star Wars: Rebellion was. It's pretty common for FFG games to be hard to get on launch. The first expansion for the Arkham Horror: LCG was unavailable for over three months.

This Fallout game has very little hype going into the launch. I'm surprised it's selling as well as it is.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Norris
United States
Blacksburg
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
If you manage to click exactly on my avatar's eye, you will win a special prize! Be careful though, as the penalty for missing it is severe.
mbmbmbmbmb
Hedgehobbit wrote:
Hahma wrote:
[q="Rook96"]True, but shouldn't they have accounted for that based on preorder numbers?

Fallout isn't as bad as Star Wars: Rebellion was. It's pretty common for FFG games to be hard to get on launch. The first expansion for the Arkham Horror: LCG was unavailable for over three months.

This Fallout game has very little hype going into the launch. I'm surprised it's selling as well as it is.

I think this game is receiving a lot of attention outside of BGG. It seems to be the only thing explaining the lack of copies. It on Bethesda’s website, and I think it has been mentioned on a few video game blogs. I think some people will be suprised at how interesting/complex/fun board games can be! Unfortunately for board gamers, if you really wanted it, you should have preordered.

Edit: just for a real life example:

I went into gamestop to browse around. I asked the clerk if ja had heard of the new fallout board game coming out by fantasy flight. I was met with a bunch of excitement, and he wasn’t a board gamer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bloody Cactus
United States
Lexington
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
I used to be a boardgamer like you, then I took a dice bag to the knee from Tonya Harding
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe it is FFG's policy to underprint rather than overprint. underprinting doesn't cost you money, overprinting does. I read/saw this somehwhere. I think it might have been one of the covenant videos where they interview Christian every year or something.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Aull
United States
Owensboro
KY
flag msg tools
Gaming Collector/Enthusiast
badge
Gamer Without a Cause
mbmbmbmbmb
Better to go into a first printing lightly and sell out than bust out massive numbers and watch them hit clearance come February.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brett Leeson
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Mentioned this in another thread as well, but I spoke to someone at FFG on Friday and it just sold more than they expected. It happens. The worst thing for a publisher is to bet huge on sales of a game and then have it not hit those expectations, so they tend to err on the side of being a bit conservative.

Sometimes - see SW Destiny - their most optimistic estimates wind up falling short. Sometimes something they expected to be a hot item just doesn't move copies like they anticipated.

From what I was told, they looked at the pre-orders they'd gotten, they looked at the sales specifically for other video game licenses they've done like Doom and XCom, and thought they had a good idea what the demand would be. And it turned out to be much higher. They burned through the entire first print run almost immediately.

Sucks, but it happens, and there's nothing really odd about it.

One note for anyone trying to track a copy down: I had seen this advertised literally nowhere, but GAMESTOP, of all places, seems to be carrying the Fallout board game because of the license. I found my copy there, as did a friend. You should be able to go to the website and check stores near you and see if any still have it in stock. A lot seem to, as it was the last place anybody thought to look for it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timothy 'Peachy' Devery
United States
Peoria
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Plus, it’s only $47.99 via GameStop right now. I just picked up a copy at the mall and was pleasantly surprised by its price reduction. I second the idea of checking out the local availability via GameStop’s website!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Soylent Green
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
Stop hovering over me!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Blossercubbles wrote:
Plus, it’s only $47.99 via GameStop right now. I just picked up a copy at the mall and was pleasantly surprised by its price reduction. I second the idea of checking out the local availability via GameStop’s website!

I think this is driving availability shortages... having another chain of distribution spreads out the stock.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Howard Massey
United States
Wichita
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Blossercubbles wrote:

Whooh.. thats what I paid at MM surprise

I assumed (never assume)that gamestop would be suggested retail
price.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Aull
United States
Owensboro
KY
flag msg tools
Gaming Collector/Enthusiast
badge
Gamer Without a Cause
mbmbmbmbmb
kskato wrote:
Blossercubbles wrote:

Whooh.. thats what I paid at MM surprise

price.

It was $60 on Friday when I bought mine, but it looks like it's working with some sort of sale they have going on. They allowed me to bring in the receipt for the $12 difference

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timothy 'Peachy' Devery
United States
Peoria
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kskato wrote:
Blossercubbles wrote:

Whooh.. thats what I paid at MM :surprise:

price.

When I was looking for it this weekend it was indeed at MSRP, so it was a pleasant surprise this morning when I was able to head out and purchase.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niko Bellic
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Europe, here... Balkans.
I was the FIRST one who preordered the game (8/8) on our "local" FFG retail shop - that's how I call it, 'cause it sells exclusively FFG titles (and some others, among them).
Where's my copy?...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Johnsson
Sweden
Malmö
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Lord Of Toe Rings wrote:
Europe, here... Balkans.
I was the FIRST one who preordered the game (8/8) on our "local" FFG retail shop - that's how I call it, 'cause it sells exclusively FFG titles (and some others, among them).
Where's my copy?...

I think the release in Europe is 7th december (Thursday!). At least it seems to be so here in the Nordic countries.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael R

Heidelberg
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
riboAWEsome wrote:

I think the release in Europe is 7th december (Thursday!). At least it seems to be so here in the Nordic countries.

The Nordic countries (and the UK) are exemplary. I talked to two LGS this week and both of them told me that the game has no release date in Germany yet. According to their info, the game isn't even out in the US so far. Both stores are "Asmodee flagship stores", so it seems like Asmodee Germany doesn't care. Maybe the English version will come out with the German translation in Q2/2018... :|

tl;dr: I ordered my copy in Denmark.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Johnsson
Sweden
Malmö
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Blackfire, a European distributor, has the game listed for 7th December at least.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael R

Heidelberg
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
riboAWEsome wrote:
Blackfire, a European distributor, has the game listed for 7th December at least.

I know. I posted that link 1 or 2 weeks ago in another thread. But it seems like LGS (at least the ones here) won't order from 3rd party distributors if they are in a direct relationship with the publisher.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niko Bellic
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
9/12, says Philibert...
On the other hand, the game doesn't exist on my retailer's shop, not even as a result on the "search box"!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rodney Loyd
United States
Sand Springs
OK
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Not a hot price once you add shipping, basically MSRP. But this seller has 4 copies left on ebay as of this post:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/152752694275

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yoshi Thatcher
United States
Tempe
AZ
flag msg tools
I was able to get mine for less then the refund I'm surprised you got. Most of the Game Stops by me are horrible about this. It's like trying to pull teeth. But I'll ease off them a bit as I got my copy for $11.72

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt A.
United States
Willoughby
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Stopped in at my local GameStop yesterday and there it was, $47.99. Now it's sitting on my game table.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.