Hide
6 Posts

Kingdom Death: Monster» Forums » Rules

Subject: Rules question after 1st play ***spoiler rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ste M
msg tools
Hi. I am trying to play solo. It is a lot of effort trying to track everything but i think i am managing it.
I have a few question.
1)I have drawn a mood card Alert. It will remain in play and the white lion will do nothing. When a survivor enters in death zone WL basic attack him. Then the survivor can fight back right?
2) i have drawn an event that told me to nominate my favourite survivor then my least favourite one. I can choose them between the unnamed one?
3) in this situation https://imgur.com/a/9MFFN the WL will grab a survivor and then run away from threat so to the left?
4)https://imgur.com/a/a101j in this situation. Wl will face the 2 survivor. The 1 or the monster controller choose?
Thanks
Ha how to track gender of unnamed one. No place on survivor sheet...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alessio Massuoli
Italy
Terni
Umbria
flag msg tools
They await the King
badge
The Snarky Sloth
mbmbmbmbmb
1) that is not "Alert", you described "Ground Fighting". With Ground Fighting, yes, the Lion first attacks you, but you can fight back after it. Anyway, you can just stay out of range and use bone darts until you wound it.

With Alert, it will attack you just once when you move into zone of death (not if you are already there and don't move, though), then you discard Alert. Alert stops your movement, but after resolving Basic Action, you can continue your survivor activation normally. Also, note that with Alert mood, the Lion continues to act normally.

2) Yes, absolutely yes. By the way, you can also give them a name at that point.

3) Yes, away from all other survivors is to the left. The Monster Controller should normally choose the worst outcome, but since "away from all other survivors" excludes running to the right, left is the only option available.

4) Monster controller chooses. If you choose the survivor that has the MC token, they get +1 insanity.

You should decide the gender when you get them. I personally have resorted to naming everyone as soon as I get them, but previously I just annotated on the "Population" tab +Y Males, +X Females after the named ones.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ste M
msg tools
Yes. Sorry for 1) with does nothing i mean he will just put the mood in play the turn it draws it thus doing nothing for that turn.

Then in the end mc should always choose the worst outcome possible?
Then in the 4) situation mc should make the lion face the 2 survivor to the left since is the worst possible outcome facing 2 survivor instead of just 1.
Then is not allowed to manipulate monster choosing to face the least number of survivors to advantage us?
Btw i am using no mc variant for solo play.
The event for 2) was hunt reenactment. Then after i think i have to make survivor sheet immediately since he will gain a fighting art

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alessio Massuoli
Italy
Terni
Umbria
flag msg tools
They await the King
badge
The Snarky Sloth
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok for 1.

MC choosing the worst outcome: yes, it is almost verbatim, but it is mostly related to movement (ie. passing over survivors and so on). You can choose freely among the three survivors in #4, because they all respect the requisites. Also, which targeting is worse is arguable, so really, choose whatever is eligible.

Well, no MC token means that you are always the MC. So, no +1 insanity for the survivors, but you still have to make a call to decide who is targeted.

I'd say that you can choose to target whoever you want, and also you can elect to make your game as difficult as you want, as long as you follow the rules. Me personally, I take every advantage I can when the rules make me decide. I am such a sore loser...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Kester
United States
Johnston
Iowa
flag msg tools
t3clis wrote:
The Monster Controller should normally choose the worst outcome

I'm not sure where that comes from.
1.4 rules p. 68 wrote:
Monster controllers can use their decisions to give the advantage to the monster or to the group, or approach each decision randomly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alessio Massuoli
Italy
Terni
Umbria
flag msg tools
They await the King
badge
The Snarky Sloth
mbmbmbmbmb
I am positive that the rulebook did not change that part about movement (please quote all instances of clarification, not just the first sentence: the post right after that clarified this), because I read that not so much ago.

For instance, if a monster had to move to get to a survivor, the MC cannot make it avoid all survivors in its path, even if it's a diagonal with two shortest paths available: it has to collide through everyone.

Anyway, I can just be getting senile, so I will keep this post as a placeholder until I can reread the rulebook where I supposed this was written.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.