Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
J M
United States
Beaumont
Mississippi
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I want to make a home made play set before I drop real cash into this.

Can anyone tell me the length of the arrow marker from one end to the other and then the length of just the head from line to tip?

Thanks much.

So far this seems like a fairly tight game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Strabala
United States
Hiawatha
Iowa
flag msg tools
badge
With a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor.
mbmbmbmbmb
The base set is only $25... Or you can get just the acrylic token set (including arrow) for $15. It is well worth spending just a little to get the proper equipment.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eugene Korolyov
Ukraine
Kiev
Kiev
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
4.437" tip-to-tail
OR
The tail of the arrow, the part you use to move, is 10cm or roughly 4".
The full length, which you use for measuring close range and to contest objectives, is 11.25cm or 4.5".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J M
United States
Beaumont
Mississippi
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
crsluggo wrote:
The base set is only $25... Or you can get just the acrylic token set (including arrow) for $15. It is well worth spending just a little to get the proper equipment.

Or you could not give a helpful answer and waste time after I said what the plan was.

I have 100s of model tanks at my disposal. I'm not spending a dime until I know I like the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J M
United States
Beaumont
Mississippi
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Eugeniy wrote:
4.437" tip-to-tail
OR
The full length, which you use for measuring close range and to contest objectives, is 11.25cm or 4.5".

Thank you!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Meaker VI
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
RockstarSuperVillain wrote:
Eugeniy wrote:
4.437" tip-to-tail
OR

Thank you!

Frankly, for a DIY set the arrow length probably doesn't matter. I'd just eyeball everything. Range isn't in the rules other than for movement, and movement is pretty fast-and-loose.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John B
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Another approach could be to print the last page of the rule book (available at GF9 website). It has short cut rules, as well as a "cut out" for tokens and and arrow.
Further, if you're just mocking up the game to try at home, I imagine any approximately size "arrow" marker would do.
Good luck, and welcome to Tanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.