Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
1 Lucky Texan
United States
Arlington
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Does white seem 'less weak' at lower player counts? Seems weak at 4 players.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Heinrich Glumpler
Germany
Koeln
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmb
Hi,

I ... don't know.

The game surely is more random when playing with 4 players instead of 2 or 3 players - so it is generally more risky to choose the "right" color - wether this is White or another color.

In some sessons White might be a good choice, while sometimes it is not.

The game is designed to force the players to evaluate the situation at hand and take a risk at the right moment by choosing the "right" color.

Best Regards
Heinrich
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 Lucky Texan
United States
Arlington
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
but white can never score more than 10 right?, I have lost to a score of 17 red.

I guess I just need more plays to understand how to block or be more defensive.... but when you keep pulling white out of the bag, it seems difficult.

it's like backgammon in a sense, that, there is unpredictability - but the numbers are a resource you must deploy as best as possible. That holds (I think) for the color you pull from the bag in DD.

But, it's also like a meta-game of backgammon where you are giving advice/assistance to both players, then ,after betting on one color, you give up (most) of the ability to help anyone!

Like horse racing, the first part of the game, the horses arrive at the track with a history of odds attached (like the color distribution of the early placements) - then the odds change as bets are placed (because a leading color is put back, and choice becomes limited) and there's a dash to the finish.

It may still be a little too 'chaotic' - but I need more plays.

Kinda wonder about an open draft variant.....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.