Jakub Kircun
United States
Woods Hole
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm looking for some clarifications regarding Concealed Move Markers. This is particularly true in light of the latest rules update which clarifies that a hidden unit can move from one concealed marker to the next, and I'm interpreting that is the case even if both concealed markers are located in different hexes.

For example: Two concealed move markers are located within 4MPs of each other. One contains a hidden NVA company, while the other is a dummy counter. Could the NVA company move into the dummy counter without moving his original concealed counter into the same hex as the dummy counter? Additionally, is it now possible for the once dummy counter to continue moving with the remaining MPs of the NVA unit (in this case another 5 MPs)?

If the above example is true I could see the PAVN player setting up a chain of concealed move markers without neccessarly having to move them, but still be able to move his forces around.

Edit: typos.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mitchell Land
United States
Ballwin
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
kubaman wrote:

For example: Two concealed move markers are located within 4MPs of each other. One contains a hidden NVA company, while the other is a dummy counter. Could the NVA company move into the dummy counter without moving his original concealed counter into the same hex as the dummy counter?

Yes. (See 16.1 in latest, updated rules).

Quote:
Additionally, is it now possible for the once dummy counter to continue moving with the reaming MPs of the NVA unit (in this case another 5 MPs)?

Yes. So long as neither the marker nor the unit exceeds its movement allowance. See 4.1.3. (Implied if not stated.)

Quote:
If the above example is true I could see the PAVN player setting up a chain of concealed move markers without neccessarly having to move them, but still be able to move his forces around.

Indeed. A successful PAVN strategy...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jakub Kircun
United States
Woods Hole
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Toadkillerdog wrote:
Quote:

Indeed. A successful PAVN strategy...

Cool! Very excited to try it out! cool

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonas Multing
Sweden
Gothenburg
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mitchell,

If using the optional rule restricting Hidden Movement Markers to 6 MP's I guess that it would reduce the speed of this kind of infiltration, right?

Also, would the optional rule also restrict placement of new Hidden Movement Markers ("Dummies") to 6 MPs from its 'source'?

Another question about placement of "Dummies": I assume that the PAVN player aren't allowed to build chains of new Hidden Movement Markers by placing a sequence of markers in the same Concealment Phase.

Kind Regards,

PS. Played my first FtF game this weekend and were really impressed by the game!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mitchell Land
United States
Ballwin
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Glad you enjoyed it!

Yes, the optional rule slows hidden infiltration down quite a bit.

Yes, it should be used to restrict the placement of Dummies as well, i.e., the rule isn't changed, but the "within movement allowance" restriction is the same. It's just that the allowance is now six rather than nine.

The PAVN player can build a chain using a just placed marker. It's a dead giveaway for the FWA player, though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.